More sat navery

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Not seen this mentioned (did search honest)

The range feature on the satnav.

DSC_3413.JPG

DSC_3411.JPG

It gives return trip and one-way trip range on the map and not just a circle like some do.
Ex e owner

rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

milligoon wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:15 pm Not seen this mentioned (did search honest)

DSC_3413.JPG

DSC_3411.JPG

It gives return trip and one-way trip range on the map and not just a circle like some do.
Cool!
keithr

Post by keithr »

milligoon wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:15 pm Not seen this mentioned (did search honest)

So is that the Range Map that's mentioned on page 75 of the Navigation Manual? (Downloadable from https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/man ... nuals.html.)

Range Map.jpg

milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Yup you get paper car manual but pdf for satnav which is a pain to read and slow to search.

I just sat in the car yesterday say "what does this do?" And lodging dirty finger prints everywhere, pity Honda doesn't have a screen blank function like my Volvo rather than turning the car off to clean the screen.

That feature in the satnav is very handy.
Ex e owner
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

Nice bit of JMJ Milligoon on the stereo 👍
Left4Cookies

Post by Left4Cookies »

Nice, thanks a lot for sharing. Didn't have a clue this was a feature though I'm still in the process of learning as I've just had it a week. I always envied my friend's i3 range feature which is pretty sweet, but this is looks nifty too!
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

milligoon wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:31 pm pity Honda doesn't have a screen blank function
Wait what?! I assumed I'd be able to turn the screens off when driving. :shock:
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

milligoon wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:31 pm Yup you get paper car manual but pdf for satnav which is a pain to read and slow to search.

I just sat in the car yesterday say "what does this do?" And lodging dirty finger prints everywhere, pity Honda doesn't have a screen blank function like my Volvo rather than turning the car off to clean the screen.

That feature in the satnav is very handy.
Just buy these for no finger prints.
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

I am still learning the systems and where features are, my Volvo it's a simple hold of a single button to deactivate the screen specifically for cleaning.

Is there a similar function somewhere in the menus ?
Ex e owner
sbullo

Post by sbullo »

If you press the Brightness control button on the central dash board, there is an option to turn the screen off, then just press the home button to turn it back on again.
Adv. 16" Wheels