Wheel Nut Torque Settings

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
tcg68

Post by tcg68 »

Hello,

I've just had some Michellin Cross-climate tyres put on the car (I live in a cul-de-sac which never gets gritted and rear-wheel drive cars tend to get stuck a lot in winter). However, as the car is so new the tyre place had no technical information on the wheel nut torque settings. They have set it to 108Nm which is what every other Honda passenger car setting is and I have emailed my dealer to get confirmation. I'll post details when I have them.

Tony

rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Good to know tcg, although I suspect the "every other Honda passenger car setting" is going to be just fine. 😉
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

tcg68 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:34 am Hello,

I've just had some Michellin Cross-climate tyres put on the car (I live in a cul-de-sac which never gets gritted and rear-wheel drive cars tend to get stuck a lot in winter). However, as the car is so new the tyre place had no technical information on the wheel nut torque settings. They have set it to 108Nm which is what every other Honda passenger car setting is and I have emailed my dealer to get confirmation. I'll post details when I have them.

Tony
Any response from the dealer with regards the correct torque for the wheel nuts?
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

Bit disappointing that this isn't in the manual. I'M having my new tyres fitted later this morning and thought I'd look this up in advance. I'll go with 108nm as this is what my other Hondas all use. Why not put this in the manual, it's not like it saves money on ink...
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Ex e owner
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

I wouldn't trust such a document. It's dated 2015 on the bottom right, and is a deep link to a blob and not part of the current website.

The current page specifically about retorquing wheels no longer links to it - I suspect because a single document can no longer keep pace with the large variety of vehicles and wheels/options. Best to avoid liability and make it #notmyproblem (Would you want to produce a document relating to such a vast domain as every car/wheel combo, I wouldn't)

https://www.continental-tires.com/car/t ... ing-wheels

Whilst 108nm may be the best guess, it's still just a guess.
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
stzrd

Post by stzrd »

The correct torque for the wheels is 110nm, its written on a small note inside the locking wheel nut box
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

stzrd wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:22 pm The correct torque for the wheels is 110nm, its written on a small note inside the locking wheel nut box
Yes! I found this today whilst filing away my tyre invoice, and then looked inside the box.
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post