Annoying rattle in the overhead switch cluster

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
htom

Post by htom » Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:22 pm

Just in case someone is still looking for a solution to eliminating the overhead switch cluster rattle: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=552&p=12697#p12697
As for me, I had to take off both the small and large plastic cover behind the RVM and placed automotive wiring harness tape over the marked areas and underneath the yellow clip by carefully removing the clip first. (take your time and be gentle)
I've also added tape to the small plastic cover (over the clipping areas) attached to the top of the larger cover.
Since the fix, I drove the car for more than 300 km on bumpy backroads and no more noise/rattle from that area.

honda_plastic.jpg

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson » Wed May 04, 2022 7:00 am

Last night I tried to remove the larger piece but failed, any tips on it’s removal?

The smaller piece was easy to unclip but tricky to get out from behind the mirror.

Does the larger piece have to be unclipped from the centre rear (the 2 clips behind the mirror) and then pulled away from the windscreen slightly to release the outer edge clips before sliding towards the front of the car to release the lower clip, or I have missed something?
UK Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's
1st Registered Aug 2020
Home charger: Ohme
Electric tariff: Octopus Go Faster 2030
PM me for an Octopus referral code (£50 for you & £50 for me)
Username: This is a reference to coffee & not my location

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post