Missing buttons?

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
keithr

Post by keithr »

SwissChris wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:37 pm Could someone with the tilt/ultrasonic switch pls. make a picture of the area in the graphic attached?
OK.

switches.jpg

SwissChris

Post by SwissChris »

Thank you! My car is missing the two "holes" in the front... so obviously Honda cut the costs for the continental models and did not install tilt/ultrasonic sensors...

Inkedswitches_LI.jpg

RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

Strange indeed.
The features are also mentioned in the German manual - but "*not available for all models"...
Our e Advance is lacking them... Does this actually mean that we do not have an alarm system?

IMG_0076.jpg

SwissChris

Post by SwissChris »

Well that would be the second feature promised and not delivered (in Switzerland you do not get the 230V power outlet). I will try to open the door through an open window tomorrow, lets see if the alarm goes off. At least there is a red light flashing when the vehicle is powered off.
SwissChris

Post by SwissChris »

So I can confirm that the alarm goes off when opening the door through the open window from inside while the vehicle is closed and the key is not in range. Apparently the models for continental Europe somehow got a stripped down version of the security system. They saved the ultrasonic control unit (controlling the ultrasonic and inclination sensor) and the corresponding sensors. It does leave an aftertaste that Honda is not installing the full security suite despite we opted for the advanced version of the car.
Trykpaa

Post by Trykpaa »

SwissChris wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:20 pm Thank you! My car is missing the two "holes" in the front... so obviously Honda cut the costs for the continental models and did not install tilt/ultrasonic sensors...
Hi guys

Thanks for your help. You are great.

The car went to the dealer for a recall and we asked the dealer about those buttons. They have no clue, but would check up on it.

I conclude that the car indeed has the alarm system and apparently only the deactivation button is missing. If the car didn't have the alarm, I wouldn't have to get up at night during heavy rain and deactivate the *^"#¤ cause it is waking up the entire neighborhood :roll:
SwissChris

Post by SwissChris »

Well it does have an alarm system, but without the inclination and ultrasonic sensors. So the sirene is activated if either the hood, the trunk or any of the four doors are opened while the alarm system is on.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post