Another rattle !

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
Isow

Post by Isow »

My e has developed a rattle behind my Right ear.
It’s difficult to tell where it’s coming from, but I suspect it could be the seat belt adjuster
or the sliding blind in the roof.
Anybody else heard this rattle ?

keithr

Post by keithr »

Yes! It's been great for the last few days as the rattle from the overhead switches unit has stopped (probably temporarily again), making the driving much more pleasant. It's surprising how annoying a little rattle can be. But for the last couple of drives I've noticed a slight rattle, or vibration, that sounds like it's coming from the seatbelt adjuster or perhaps the drivers door (it can be quite difficult to pin down exactly where sounds are coming from in a car :? ). This Honda definitely does not seem as high quality and refined as the Nissan LEAF that I had!
Isow

Post by Isow »

Thanks for the reply.
Rightly or wrongly, I have squirted a little WD40 into the seatbelt adjuster as I think it is
the source of the rattle.
I’ll see what happens.
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

It's a not the girlfriends ear ring squeaking is it? (Old golf advert!)
Ex e owner
Isow

Post by Isow »

milligoon wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:21 pm It's a not the girlfriends ear ring squeaking is it? (Old golf advert!)
Ha Ha.
It was a great advert.
The exact opposite actually........
I thought it might be my hearing aid making a noise :(
CSX

Post by CSX »

I have just picked up my e last week. Problems with the app (dealer has managed to set the demonstrator car up but struggling with my vehicle). Since noticed an annoying rattle - possibly overhead switches near the sun visor. Taking it back to get it looked at - any advice would be appreciated!

Cheers!
Minky92

Post by Minky92 »

Does anyone else get a kind of buzzing sound or vibration from the dashboard? Or at least, I think it's from the dashboard- it seems to be coming from the far end of it, possibly behind the displays. It's not there all the time but gets pretty annoying on rougher road surfaces.
tcg68

Post by tcg68 »

A lot of us have the rattle. It can seem to be coming from different places and is intermittent but the quality of the road surface does seem to be a big factor.

Next time you have it, try pushing on the plastic of the overhead switch cluster to see if that stops it temporarily.

It’s good to hear someone is taking their car in to get looked at. I haven’t had time to do this, but if one of us can get it diagnosed and fixed the rest of us can follow.
Left4Cookies

Post by Left4Cookies »

Minky92 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:47 am Does anyone else get a kind of buzzing sound or vibration from the dashboard? Or at least, I think it's from the dashboard- it seems to be coming from the far end of it, possibly behind the displays. It's not there all the time but gets pretty annoying on rougher road surfaces.
I get this exact rattle when it seems the car is vibrating "just right" (right speed and surface). It's not super consistent, but I've noticed it probably five times the past month. Sounds like it's coming from somewhere on the far side of the dashboard..
CSX

Post by CSX »

Yes, the road surface definitely seems to be a factor - it appears to be coming from the dash somewhere (I think). Seems like a common issue. I will report back if they identify anything.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post