"Inside" temperature in MyHonda+ app

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Does anyone have an inside temperature reading in the app that in any way corresponds to what the temperature might actually be? It can be 6 °C outside and my car that's been parked overnight (with no pre-heating setup) could be showing 22 °C in the app.

Cymru-e

Post by Cymru-e »

Same here - always seems to say 22...
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

Yep. Same here. This is just a number...
Mr_Helge

Post by Mr_Helge »

The app only updates the temperature when the HVAC are running. So the last number you see is when you where driving.
This is really bad implementation but that's what I've discovered.
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

I wonder if the inside temperature is in Kelvin? My app is showing how many miles I have done and now shows range in km's?
Ex e owner
Mr_Helge

Post by Mr_Helge »

milligoon wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:38 am I wonder if the inside temperature is in Kelvin? My app is showing how many miles I have done and now shows range in km's?
My App use Celsius, Kelvin would be really odd. 22C equals 295K
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

It was sarcasm! Mine uses Celsius as well but it bears no relation to anything, my Honda can indicate 22 when outside temp is -1, I wonder if the temperature sensor is actually live when the car is off, my Volvo when you login to it shows the actual temperature, I wonder if the Honda is what the car was at when it was last on, but to be honest 22 is a bit warm for my use.
Ex e owner
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

Oh dear. Please don't encourage me to use the App. I usually try to forget all about it, unless I'm really desperate to talk to my car remotely, or really have nothing better to do. Yes, the temperature read out has mind of it's own. But so does whether the car is Locked or Unlocked, or whether the Lights are on.
It depends entirely on when my car was able to report its stats to Honda. Some times it works, although it can take so long that I might just nod off while waiting, and it tells me that yes, my car is Locked, it has found the Location where my car is, and maybe my free Charge at Tesco is about to reach 95%. There are some good days, but I try not to push my luck.

We tend to go for long walks, while the car is charging and I am getting quite good at returning just at the right time, so it is better to enjoy the day, and forgot all about MyHonda+
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
Mr_Helge

Post by Mr_Helge »

milligoon wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:28 pm It was sarcasm! Mine uses Celsius as well but it bears no relation to anything, my Honda can indicate 22 when outside temp is -1, I wonder if the temperature sensor is actually live when the car is off, my Volvo when you login to it shows the actual temperature, I wonder if the Honda is what the car was at when it was last on, but to be honest 22 is a bit warm for my use.

Hehe ;)

Well Volvo On Call is a different story (and Tesla another dimension). Honda is lacking big as stated by advance2020.
It seems like the inside temp are of by 2C (in my case). I used the app this morning to get the car warm and cosy (6C).
The app showed as usually 22C, started the HVAC and did a new update and it updated to 8C.

The whole sequence takes like forever. "Nod off" is sure for real. Honda get this shit together.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post