CarPlay disconnecting every few minutes

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

kbjpick wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:51 am rickwookie Does your MyHonda+ app work FULLY - i.e. lights status, doors windows lock/unlock function?
Yes - apart from the inside temperature reading being always out of date.

rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

NewCode wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:11 pm Are you using a significantly older model?
iPhone 6S
Larbor

Post by Larbor »

rickwookie wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:59 pm
NewCode wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:11 pm Are you using a significantly older model?
iPhone 6S
I remember having issues with my iPhone 6s. It stopped playing music when it didn’t have a proper 3g/4g connection. Not sure what fixed it: an iOS upgrade or a new phone.

What I tried for a while was go into flight mode when driving. Just to test my connection theory. Low and behold it solved it. Try that a few times and let us know.
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

renedekat wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:14 pm
rickwookie wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:59 pm
iPhone 6S
I remember having issues with my iPhone 6s. It stopped playing music when it didn’t have a proper 3g/4g connection. Not sure what fixed it: an iOS upgrade or a new phone.

What I tried for a while was go into flight mode when driving. Just to test my connection theory. Low and behold it solved it. Try that a few times and let us know.
Much as I’d like to, for some reason Amazon Music (which is where all the music is on my phone) only lets me access my “Offline Music” via CarPlay when I have the app set to “Online Mode”! Go figure. In offline mode the app just displays a blank page with “Library” at the top, which does nothing when you click on it. Not sure what else I could use to test with, since the only other CarPlay app I use when it keeps disconnecting is Waze, and that also won’t do anything much in flight mode.
Sebb

Post by Sebb »

I am getting very spotty CarPlay performance with the system either dropping off or freezing - not what you expect from a brand new car - using Apple iPhone XSMax - it is really irritating and dangerously distracting. Rebooting the whole care sometimes works.

Is their going to be a firmware update to resolve this

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post