Weird little marks above the rear side windows.

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Has anyone else got these two little what look like scratches on the edge of the top black bodywork just above the rear side windows, toward the front top edge?

IMG_0849.JPG

IMG_0851.JPG

They're in exactly the same relative position on both sides of the car.

It's like at some point the rear doors have both been closed while the window is in its fully up state (it always drops a little to open the doors), but even then I'm not sure the window goes up that far.

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

I just checked and the answer is no.
Whilst the doors are open, the windows remain slightly dropped & cannot be forced up (by using the window buttons) to the height when the door is closed.
Anyway, as you've mentioned they don't go high enough to mark the paintwork that hgh up.
It must be some other external factor.
Has anyone sat in the back?
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
chrisr111

Post by chrisr111 »

Not on mine.

Chris.
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

londiniumperson wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:08 pm I just checked and the answer is no.
Whilst the doors are open, the windows remain slightly dropped & cannot be forced up (by using the window buttons) to the height when the door is closed.
Anyway, as you've mentioned they don't go high enough to mark the paintwork that hgh up.
Yes, but since these marks are mirrored on both sides, I can't see how they could have been knocked/caught in exactly the same place in exactly the same way on both sides of the car.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

rickwookie wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:49 pm
londiniumperson wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:08 pm I just checked and the answer is no.
Yes, but since these marks are mirrored on both sides, I can't see how they could have been knocked/caught in exactly the same place in exactly the same way on both sides of the car.
Would the person(s) have reached up to grab the roof to assist their entry/exit? If so does that person where a ring?
I saw something similar on a used car many years ago that I was considering buying, however not only had totally destroyed the door rubber but they had also scratched the paintwork beyond belief on the drivers door.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

londiniumperson wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:15 pm
rickwookie wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:49 pm
Would the person(s) have reached up to grab the roof to assist their entry/exit? If so does that person where a ring?
I saw something similar on a used car many years ago that I was considering buying, however not only had totally destroyed the door rubber but they had also scratched the paintwork beyond belief on the drivers door.
No to both. Kids only, Not sure one of them can even reach up there. It would surely have to also be a ring on the right hand for the right side door, and a ring on the left hand for the left door wouldn't it? If the mark was only on one side I would completely put it down to having just been caught/knocked/scratched by someone. It's the symmetrical nature of it that's making me think this is something else, like something mechanical during production or transportation.

I've also noticed a few little white marks in various places around the edge of the roof within that same shiny back top edge section, including the top of the rear spoiler. It's like little white dots, but somehow just below the surface.

I suppose that's the peril of washing the car yourself. You actually get to inspect the bodywork right up close!
Isow

Post by Isow »

Are they scratches, or sticky tape ?
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

I wonder if it was the transit film they protect the car with in shipping, unlike a lot of other cars these do not come in white plastic it's more or less transparent.
Ex e owner
Isow

Post by Isow »

milligoon wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:50 pm I wonder if it was the transit film they protect the car with in shipping, unlike a lot of other cars these do not come in white plastic it's more or less transparent.
That’s what I meant when I said ‘sticky tape’.
Use your finger nail and see if it is a scratch or whether it peels off.
Having said that, I’m sure you’ve tried already.
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Isow wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:23 pm
milligoon wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:50 pm I wonder if it was the transit film they protect the car with in shipping, unlike a lot of other cars these do not come in white plastic it's more or less transparent.
That’s what I meant when I said ‘sticky tape’.
Use your finger nail and see if it is a scratch or whether it peels off.
Having said that, I’m sure you’ve tried already.
Feels perfectly smooth. Not even like a scratch. It seems to be beneath the top layer of lacquer, just like the little white marks I've noticed elsewhere on the black parts.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post