RDM - a Draft for an Appeal to Honda UK

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

As promised, I have now drafted an Blog Post regarding my experience of using the Road Departure Mitigation Safety feature.
Although this is my Personal view, and hence posted on my WorkPress, others may like to read and Comment back here.
I would welcome suggestions for improving My/Our case, before we individually share with our Dealers and hence Honda UK.

I realise that some are quite happy to have RDM switched on, and that is their choice, but I also think it is reasonable to request an OFF option.
Please have a read, and let me know your views. You can Comment at WordPress also, if you have your own account.

I will be adding some images in due course. Only just Published today.

https://blackrocket2000.wordpress.com/2 ... -to-fault/
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons

SwissChris

Post by SwissChris »

Well I doubt that this will be successful. The RDM feature (and other driver assistance functionalities) will be mandatory for new cars in the EU from 2022 onwards. The regulation states that drivers should be able to turn it off on a temporary basis, but not permanently. Dont think that Honda will program their UK cars differently...

https://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/pres ... in-the-eu/
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

Advance
Having read you note, I popped out to my e to confirm the RDM button.
So I too turn it off almost every time. It’s especially hopeless around the narrow lanes where I live.
But I’m not sure I agree with a permanent disable.
I think a conscious “off” every time is better

I think it’s the equivalent of my 95 year old dad, who learned to drive in cars without synchromesh. You had to double-de-clutch to change down. And he still did in cars with full synchromesh going up a hill. It was engrained. You wouldn’t want a button to permanently disable the synchromesh?

I think technology has moved on and the RDM is an additional safety feature. That you can switch off. But consciously.
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Not sure that I see this as any different from traction/stability control. Any car I’ve ever had that’s had it has never allowed me to permanently disable it.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post