FM reception poor

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
keithr

Post by keithr »

I presume the radio's aerial is combined with the rear windsreen demister, as it doesn't have a coventional aerial. Maybe that's not so good? (I think this is the first car that I've had that hasn't had an external aerial.)

advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

Don't use Radio a lot when driving, but agree that FM reception is often not great. And it doesn't seem to re-tune like a RDS one would, so I have been using DAB when I need Radio. Pleased with Sound quality using CarPlay and high res tracks on my iPhone, and of course it great to have a quiet car, so you can actually hear music at reasonably volume.
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
bogga

Post by bogga »

keithr wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:23 pm I presume the radio's aerial is combined with the rear windsreen demister, as it doesn't have a coventional aerial. Maybe that's not so good? (I think this is the first car that I've had that hasn't had an external aerial.)
My Leon's aerial was built into the window and that had really good reception
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

keithr wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:23 pm I presume the radio's aerial is combined with the rear windsreen demister, as it doesn't have a coventional aerial. Maybe that's not so good? (I think this is the first car that I've had that hasn't had an external aerial.)
In addition to, as opposed to combined with, I think. I suspect it's one of these bits in the area where the wiper doesn't pass:

IMG_1003.JPG

IMG_0999.JPG

IMG_1002.JPG