Connected services subscriptions activation

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
CSX

Post by CSX »

I have finally managed to login to the Honda + app after almost 5 weeks, a trip to the dealer (TCU configuration) and many calls/emails to the dealership and Honda Connected Servuces team. Shambolic! Does anyone know how long it takes for the subscriptions to be activated?

0FF87496-20EA-43F0-9FD8-105892C53CFA.png

Sousaphone

Post by Sousaphone »

I’ve waited since the 6th of October for the security one, and so far I’ve yet to find anyone at the dealer with even the tiniest clue about who to contact - but I’m not really bothered either way.
SwissChris

Post by SwissChris »

You need to be in your car when activating a subscription. The car must be in "ready to drive" mode, fasten your seatbelt to prevent the car to shut-down. Also please do not activate more than one subscription at a time.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

@CSX, as you're at that stage you'll need to engage with the Honda connected services team yet again to resolve the issue.
The important thing is to read the Bulletin SU-25-004-00 and follow that to the letter.
If all that fails like it did for me, then contact your dealer and INSIST that you want them to resolve the issue. How you escalate this within the dealership is down to you. One way it's to state that you'll be returning the car for a full refund because it's not as described with the connected services being a highlighted/advertised feature, but you'll need to be prepared to actually do this if they don't want to or can't sort this out, which considering the ineptitude and arrogance of some of them, is possible.

I can assure you that you do NOT need to enter a PIN code sent to the car (this is a 2 factor security feature which can be overridden by the conected services team), also you don't need to be in your car to activate a subscription.
I know this because mine was eventually sorted after 2 months, 3 dealer visits and many dozens of phone calls/emails to both the dealer and Honda connected services, whilst I left my car with them and then the phone app miraculously worked whilst I was at work.

Only you can decide how important you feel the app is and to what lengths you'll be prepared go to in an attempt to get it working.

The app is extremely slow, but I do find out useful, especially checking the charge state remotely.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
CSX

Post by CSX »

Thanks all for your advice, very much appreciated. I will keep on at Honda to get my subscriptions sorted. I think some of the features of the app are potentially useful. I notice there’s an update due today - optimistically maybe this will resolve some of the issues!
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

CSX wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:42 am Thanks all for your advice, very much appreciated. I will keep on at Honda to get my subscriptions sorted. I think some of the features of the app are potentially useful. I notice there’s an update due today - optimistically maybe this will resolve some of the issues!
If you can get the My Honda + App connecting and working it's a bonus, but far from Essential.
Hopefully Connected Services will be able to help you with your Subscription issue.
I would repeat the advice to only Subscribe to One service initially.
I would not Subscribe to any Paid Service - until this App is 100% reliable - and that could be months away.
And when you are successfully connected, the frustrations with the App will continue.
It often fails to Login using Fingerprint ID on my iPhone - lost count how many times that I have had to go through the many manual Login steps required.
But fortunately the car is reliable and fun.
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
CSX

Post by CSX »

Thanks advance2020 - good advice. The connected services reps must be at the end of their tether having to deal with so many similar complaints!
555djx

Post by 555djx »

As I am still within 30 days of subscribing I have, under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, today requested a refund of the £39 I paid as the App is not fit for purpose. I am no longer willing to keep wasting my time trying to get the App to connect to my car and provide updated information.
2021 SEAT Mii electric Tornado Red 09/21 - 11/22 & 04/23 to ??
2017 Honda Civic 1.5L VTEC Turbo Prestige Auto Orchid White Pearl 12/22 to ??
2022 Citroën Ami Pop 11/22 - 04/23
2020 Honda e Advance Platinum White Pearl on 17s 12/20 - 12/22

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post