Charging of 12V Battery

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
ChesterUK

Post by ChesterUK »

This is in:
Vehicle Settings > Lighting Setup > Headlight auto OFF timer
(in the manual this is under Display Audio > Customized Features > How to Customize the Vehicle Settings)

Malcs

Post by Malcs »

Thank you ChesterUK
HausO

Post by HausO »

I have a feedback from Honda Germany regarding my questions to the 12V charging system (How it works, the conditions when the 12 battery is charged).

The answer was: We are only the importer but not the manufacturer of the car and can not answer your questions. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Today I called the dealer of my car. They got a letter from Honda at 12/02/2020. They fixed 3 errors with an update.

1) GPS can discharge 12V battery
2) Missing Navigation Voice Control if language is set to Noway, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovenia or Serbia
3) Displays (middle and right (LHD-version)) will get white, black or are constantly rebooting

Cars with FIN starting from xx2542 (KE specification) or xx2547 (KG specification) are allready uptodate.

list of Honda area codes
https://icelord.net/honda/area/?fbclid= ... NQcx1lG7qs

But the 12V system have more bugs.

1) You can kill your battery with parking lights. The e will not try to charge the 12V battery.
2) Timed A/C also activates the HV battery heating. If the e is connected to a charger the 12V battery is charged while pre-heating the HV battery. If the e is NOT connected to a charger the 12V battery is NOT charged while pre-heating the HV battery. :?
3) 1st drive after a full charged HV battery (SoC 100%) the 12V battery is not charged. If the SoC is less than 90% the 12V battery is charged.

use cases Honda e 12V charging system.png.png

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post