HOnda+ stuck in 'in progress' - can I unsubscribe and re-subscribe?

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
MInols

Post by MInols »

As with so many others, had to go back to dealer to get eSim activated. Talked me through the process, but DIDN'T tell me to install JUST the Core Connectivity, so I hit install on both Safety and Core.

Figured we'd be sorted, took 24 hours and Safety finally went green...but Core Connectivity still stuck 'in progress' - can I safely unsubscribe and re-subscribe, and if so, do I do it for both?. I've contacted Honda and I'm still waitng for them to get back to me. Don't really trust the dealer to know what to do!

M

milligoon

Post by milligoon »

The connectivity to the servers is woefully slow, mine told me this afternoon I didn't have a car registered to the account , an hour later it worked as normal ( normal = it's usually sluggish normal, I reckon the guys that wrote the Nissan app must have swapped companies šŸ¤”šŸ˜¬)
Ex e owner
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

The Honda + app just about adds value at the moment. I hope more features and performance will be added.

It feels like the old adage, ā€œgiven enough time, a million monkeys will write the works of Shakespeareā€. But unfortunately Honda only had three monkeys.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

MInols wrote: ā†‘Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:52 pm As with so many others, had to go back to dealer to get eSim activated. Talked me through the process, but DIDN'T tell me to install JUST the Core Connectivity, so I hit install on both Safety and Core.

Figured we'd be sorted, took 24 hours and Safety finally went green...but Core Connectivity still stuck 'in progress' - can I safely unsubscribe and re-subscribe, and if so, do I do it for both?. I've contacted Honda and I'm still waitng for them to get back to me. Don't really trust the dealer to know what to do!

M
I don't mean to be the harbinger of doom, however from personal experience you will require the Honda services support team to reset this for & then you'll need to start from scratch.
I wish you luck, but to forewarn you it took 2 months to get my app working with 3 physical visits to the dealer & lots & lots of phone calls/emails to both them & the support team.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Vacaloca

Post by Vacaloca »

The new version of the app now allows the user to reset the connection. So if you uninstall the app and reunstall, log in with user id and password, it will try to connect and fail. There used to be only one button to restart the app, now they've added a second button to Reset. Click that button and you'll get by email a new one time passcode. Enter this back in the app and you should be good to go.

I spoke to support today about this and they walked me through it and it did work.
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

MInols wrote: ā†‘Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:52 pm As with so many others, had to go back to dealer to get eSim activated. Talked me through the process, but DIDN'T tell me to install JUST the Core Connectivity, so I hit install on both Safety and Core.

M
Hi Minols,

Do you have this issue sorted now?
Yes, you do have to Unsubscribe, and start again. Just ONE Core Connectivity initially. This is well documented here, and ALL Dealers should be aware.

For more see: - viewtopic.php?f=11&t=269
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
MInols

Post by MInols »

So here's an update...because I was within my 30 days of purchase, and in regular contact with Honda+ help, AND lockdown was pending, my dealer picked up my car, gave me a Jazz Hybrid to drive, and became the main point of contct for Honda technical. My car arrived home yesterday and the app is now working really well - I locked and unlocked it from my home at the dealer, I put the heating on so that the next guy in the car would be warm, I put a geo-fence round the dealer so I knew when they left...all has worked well. It is LOVELY to have my wee car back, and I'm re-learnign all the things I had strated to know about it before it's time in the car hospital.

One thing I'm not sure about, though, is the temperature reading on the app - that hasn't changed overnight...still 19degrees. It's in the car port, and i've been out to walk the dog this mornign, and it is NOT 19degrees! I'm a little concerned about the climate settign being 'normal' does this mean it will constantly try to keep the car at that, because I don't want to waste the battery doing that! Any thoughts?
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

MInols wrote: ā†‘Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:07 am So here's an update...because I was within my 30 days of purchase, and in regular contact with Honda+ help, AND lockdown was pending, my dealer picked up my car, gave me a Jazz Hybrid to drive, and became the main point of contct for Honda technical. My car arrived home yesterday and the app is now working really well - I locked and unlocked it from my home at the dealer, I put the heating on so that the next guy in the car would be warm, I put a geo-fence round the dealer so I knew when they left...all has worked well. It is LOVELY to have my wee car back, and I'm re-learnign all the things I had strated to know about it before it's time in the car hospital.

One thing I'm not sure about, though, is the temperature reading on the app - that hasn't changed overnight...still 19degrees. It's in the car port, and i've been out to walk the dog this mornign, and it is NOT 19degrees! I'm a little concerned about the climate settign being 'normal' does this mean it will constantly try to keep the car at that, because I don't want to waste the battery doing that! Any thoughts?
Thanks for update. Glad your Dealer has finally got it sorted, even though process was extreme (taking your car away!)

My Honda + has it's own special unit for temperature measurement - based very loosely on Degrees Celsius plus what whatever it likes to add that day. Don't worrying it bares no relation to the Actual Temperature inside your car. The App might also tell you your Lights are on, Windows Open, Doors unlocked - it all depends on when you car and Honda were last able to talk via Zoom - in my case not very often. But at least the eSIM issue is sorted.
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Great to hear that the Apps working, it also seems that you have dealer that cares about their customers.

Last week I got the 6 month registration reminder, I've yet to get a renewal code via the app. I'll try again at work on Monday because at home even with a signal on my phone & the car's TCU I'm wondering if mobile phone coverage is the issue. Hopefully it won't take the dealer 2 months to sort this time after I gave them an ultimatum to either fix it or take the car back,

As for the inside temperature reading, that seems fairly accurate on my car because even on very cold days outside without any heating, inside it is significantly warmer. One day I might actually put a thermometer in the car to check.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post