Panel Disassembly [Vinyl Pieces/Centre Console]

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

Fakeplasticman wrote: ↑Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:08 pm
FDAD wrote: ↑Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:49 pm
Not in pictures but I already deleted that noise... see that little piece of textile black tape that is present in at side of the side piece? that's all that's needed to stop the noise.
Hi can you explain what you mean - I assume you mean the black textile tape that is present in the wooden trim in the images above - but where did you add this to eliminate the rattle noise? Many thanks, these teardowns are great even if you are a absolute madman πŸ˜‚
Yes thats right! I didn't take any pictures but right above the RView mirror... theres a plastic cover... my rattle was there.
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + βœŒοΈπŸŽ‚

Fakeplasticman

Post by Fakeplasticman »

Ah the little plastic square that pops out? My rattle wasn't in that bit I took it off entirely and it's still there. Thanks for confirming.
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

Fakeplasticman wrote: ↑Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:25 pm Ah the little plastic square that pops out? My rattle wasn't in that bit I took it off entirely and it's still there. Thanks for confirming.
If its not there its where the sun cover meets the closing position.
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + βœŒοΈπŸŽ‚
Fakeplasticman

Post by Fakeplasticman »

FDAD wrote: ↑Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:26 pm
Fakeplasticman wrote: ↑Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:25 pm Ah the little plastic square that pops out? My rattle wasn't in that bit I took it off entirely and it's still there. Thanks for confirming.
If its not there its where the sun cover meets the closing position.
I'll try - but mine sounds like its coming from the dashboard almost - doesnt seem as far back as the sunroof. Thanks!
5thcivic

Post by 5thcivic »

I had a buzz resonance rattle which for all the world seemed to me driving was coming from behind the dash when braking or on bad roads, once started kept going. Mine turned out to be the plastic piece behind the rear view mirror hiding the cameras on the windscreen, easily confirmed by just pressing the panel lightly when the noise occurred to stop it. Just fiddling around pressing and pulling from the glass a little has now stopped it, at least for a couple of weeks. I shall mention it at next dealer visit.
Last edited by 5thcivic on Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
5thcivic

Post by 5thcivic »

Question to the o/p. When you took the console off could you see any cutouts for the console illumination (page 39 of brochure). I just wondered how easy it would be to stick a couple of leds in there?
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

5thcivic wrote: ↑Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:52 pm Question to the o/p. When you took the console off could you see any cutouts for the console illumination (page 39 of brochure). I just wondered how easy it would be to stick a couple of leds in there?
Brochure?
5thcivic

Post by 5thcivic »

https://www.honda.co.uk/content/dam/loc ... e-20YM.pdf

page 40 in the online one, top left.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post