I can't wake up my Honda

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
Jy2020

Post by Jy2020 »

I'll try with the revised settings for schedule 2 tonight, then try the granny charger.
The SMA charger is supposed to link with the kit for our solar panels and battery store, restricting charge levels when the household needs are peaking and avoiding blowing the main load fuse. Unfortunately it isn't clever enough to have a timer setting.
Thanks for all the advice, I really appreciate your help........maybe I should have gone for a Zappi!!!!!!
Honda E Advance Crystal Blue 17" tyres Urban and protection pack

milligoon

Post by milligoon »

From their site it would appear you can control various setups from the phone app
Everything from a single source
Thanks to the SMA Energy app, system owners have all the relevant information about their systems at the ready at all times. This ensures greater transparency thanks to up-to-date information about the charging process and maximum control through configuration of the charging mode.
Highly convenient: Simply enter when you want your car to be ready and the app starts the charging process automatically.
Ex e owner
Jy2020

Post by Jy2020 »

Hi Milligoon, Thanks for the information from SMA site, I've got and use their energy app, it allows full tracking of my battery store and solar panels but the app only allows the charge timing to be set for a finish time, so depending when you open the app the charge starts and continues until the desired target time. That would work if I wanted the car ready to go to work fully charged for8:00am. It doesn't allow a timed charge to fit in with a cheap tariff so I've turned the Sma app to normal charging hopefully the Honda system will take over and charge from 0:30 till 4:30.
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

It maybe worth your while contacting them and ask for a normal timed feature or for them to use an API that can integrate with the energy suppliers tariffs, modern energy companies tend to quite flexible and try and accommodate customers wishes
Ex e owner
Jy2020

Post by Jy2020 »

Hi guys, thanks for all the ideas and suggestions, this is where a being a forum member is a great help.
Just to update you, I think I’ve solved my problem with charging my Honda E charging!
To ensure that I’m not getting errors from the Honda + phone app which even after its latest update still causes problems, I programmed the charge waiting schedule from the car EV menu (wearing my safety belt of course---the advice from Honda UK) and followed advice from the SMA smart charger help team.
The Honda E detects an error during the charging mode, I overcame this by:
1.After setting the charge waiting time, turn the car off, get out of the car. Then opening and closing the car with the remote key fob
2. Removing the charging cable from the car and then reconnecting the charging cable to the vehicle.
This process must somehow reset the car and it has now charged at the times I need to use the overnight Octopus Electricity Tariff.
This has worked twice for me so fingers crossed.
Sadly I’m not able to use the car much because of the Covid lockdown and very snowy weather so its sitting fully charged in my garage so I can’t test and retry my corrective measures!!!!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post