I can't wake up my Honda

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
Jy2020

Post by Jy2020 »

Good morning guys. I'm really enjoying our Honda E and managing to need to charge her up more regularly. As we've got a solar panel system with linked Byd battery store all using SMA kit I decided to get an SMA 7.4 EV charger which in theory should have just slotted into the system. Is there anyone else that has had one of these chargers successfully fitted and if so have they managed to use it with the Honda E charge waiting time schedule? My charger works fine as a plug in but my E must be rather tired as it won't automatically wake up at the required time. I have checked with Honda that the timer is set correctly along with the home setting stored in the sat nav. I've had the charger installation checked by the installer, he suggests a problem with the car control units needing updated. Has anyone needed a software update to get the waiting time to work? My wife objects to me disappearing into the garage at 0:30 and 04:30!!!
Honda E Advance Crystal Blue 17" tyres Urban and protection pack

rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Sorry if this is obvious, but it isn't for a lot of us... You know that the time set is for when NOT to charge, as opposed to when you want to charge?
Jy2020

Post by Jy2020 »

Hi Rickwookie, thanks but I've been following the forum discussions and managed to get the waiting time set. I originally thought my problem was the car was dropping the gps signal whilst in my garage with the charger so hopefully set the timer to anywhere to overcome that. It charges up when the timer is off no problem but I can't take advantage of the low overnight tariff. I had seen the problem when Googleing reported on BMW, Renault and MG vehicles. Just trying to work out if its the charger or the car. I'm awaiting a call back from Honda helpline.
Jy2020

Post by Jy2020 »

charge2.JPG

Jy2020

Post by Jy2020 »

Hi Rickwookie, Do the charge times look correct in my picture (couldn't fathom out how to enter a caption).
Thanks for your help.
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

Jy2020 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:20 pm Good morning guys. I'm really enjoying our Honda E and managing to need to charge her up more regularly. As we've got a solar panel system with linked Byd battery store all using SMA kit I decided to get an SMA 7.4 EV charger which in theory should have just slotted into the system. Is there anyone else that has had one of these chargers successfully fitted and if so have they managed to use it with the Honda E charge waiting time schedule? My charger works fine as a plug in but my E must be rather tired as it won't automatically wake up at the required time. I have checked with Honda that the timer is set correctly along with the home setting stored in the sat nav. I've had the charger installation checked by the installer, he suggests a problem with the car control units needing updated. Has anyone needed a software update to get the waiting time to work? My wife objects to me disappearing into the garage at 0:30 and 04:30!!!
You could try sending Private Message to Joolsdc - I know he has Solar
Also try creating Setting 2 and Select Home rather than Anywhere. Have both set ON
This may seem odd, but who knows. Maybe a Day thing. Worth a try.
My display shows AM and PM for times. Maybe try scheduling “Wait time” from 04:30am to 11:55pm or 04:30 to 23:55
* I don't have benefit of Smart Charger (no mobile reception) but I do schedule overnight just to help the National Grid load.
Haven't had any problems, once I had learnt to Schedule the Off times, rather than On times. It seems back to front.
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
Jy2020

Post by Jy2020 »

Thanks Advance2020, will try setting schedule 2 as home from 0:43 to 23:55.
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

Jy2020 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:01 pm Thanks Advance2020, will try setting schedule 2 as home from 0:43 to 23:55.
Just noticed your Signature. Joolsdc will be extra helpful, because you chose Blue like him!
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Hello, from memory I think advance2020 is correct in that you cannot bridge days past midnight. I think that I tried & failed when I first had my car whilst using the 3pin charger before I had my 7kW Ohme home charger installed.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Check that it still works correctly with the granny charger.

If that is the case then there is something amiss with the SMA charger, if this is the case does the SMA charger have a smart timed function? if so turn off the wait schedule in the Honda and use the charger time facility.

Has to be worth a try.
Ex e owner

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post