Side mirror/camera view in D and R

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
Dutchhondae

Post by Dutchhondae »

I have the Honda e now for 3 weeks and just noticed something with the side cameras I haven't read on forums or seen on YT videos and I have seen a lot.

When backing up in to a tight spot, I changed the side cameras to a lower view to see the back tires and curb. When switching back to drive or park the side cameras switch automatically back to where they where in D and they remember where you left them in R. So putting it to R again it switch to the view you last used in R.

Very convenient!
Honda E advanced 17" Crystal Black Pearl. Since December 2020

Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

Morning Dutch

That is a set up feature - like an ordinary wing mirror dipping when you engage R (my Mini used to do it)
I have not set it up for the e, because of all the other cameras around.
But based on your enthusiasm, I will test it.
Thank you for the prompt
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

It is good and bad. Good when you just need to park but if you need to reverse all the road is not convenient. I set it up somewhere in between, not too low.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Reuben80 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:38 pm It is good and bad. Good when you just need to park but if you need to reverse all the road is not convenient. I set it up somewhere in between, not too low.
I use this function and was also concerned that it would be an issue, however it isn't because when reversing you have the rear view camera on the top windscreen as well as the other cameras on the infotainment display. I only use the door cameras when reversing next to a curb.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Dutchhondae

Post by Dutchhondae »

Joolsdc wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:46 am Morning Dutch

That is a set up feature - like an ordinary wing mirror dipping when you engage R (my Mini used to do it)
I have not set it up for the e, because of all the other cameras around.
But based on your enthusiasm, I will test it.
Thank you for the prompt
Yeah I know about side mirror dipping on "regular'' cars. But I was surprised on the sensitivity of the setting and that it remembers. I thought other cars are just full down or all the way up. And the back camera is often foggy or wet.
Dutchhondae

Post by Dutchhondae »

londiniumperson wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:58 pm
Reuben80 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:38 pm It is good and bad. Good when you just need to park but if you need to reverse all the road is not convenient. I set it up somewhere in between, not too low.
I use this function and was also concerned that it would be an issue, however it isn't because when reversing you have the rear view camera on the top windscreen as well as the other cameras on the infotainment display. I only use the door cameras when reversing next to a curb.
Reverse all the road? The turning circle is oh so small that I often choose to turn around instead of driving reverse.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post