Window not fully closed when door locked

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
Haaploos

Post by Haaploos »

Just experienced a problem with my passenger side window(right side)

When the door is closed, the window will not go all the way up. And the window motor tries to push it up every 2-5 seconds or so. I saw that the window did get a bit closer each time, but it didn’t stop trying the 10 seconds I bothered examine it. I just opened the window slightly which made it go away. Luckily I’m able to park in a private garage, but parking outside this won’t be a viable solution to the problem.

I also tried to “help” the window by using the controls to close the window, then it only kept “spazzing”, engaging/disengaging very fast.

Also very quickly tried to pull the window all the way down, release button, then press down for 5 seconds, then up again. The window still spazzed. Will troubleshoot and try some more tomorrow.
So if anyone have a solution, please let me know :)

Edit:
I went out and tried the “easy” reset one more time.
As I parked the car with the window not fully up, I wasn’t able to get the window fully back up. I noticed that the window motor didn’t engage as it usually does when the window is closed and you try to close it more.

What I did:
From the driver side, I held down the passenger window button(not all the way down/auto), until window was on the bottom, kept holding it for 5 seconds, then up(not all the way up/auto) then hold for 5 sec. didn’t seem that this worked, so did it one more time, didn’t seem to work either. I didn’t exit the car to check, but I noticed the window motor didn’t engage when the window was on the top and trying to get it further up.

Then I went over to the passenger side, did the same, only for 10 seconds at the bottom and 10 at the top. Success! When going up the window went all the way up. Tried to pull the window down and up a couple of times and open/close the door and it works!

Edit2: hope this wasn’t too difficult to understand, if so, please let me know and I will try to rewrite it.
Modern steel advance 17"

MainMind

Post by MainMind »

MainMind wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:53 pm
Also, i will try:

This process works in Honda E and solve the problem.
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

Just reviving this thread to see if there are any more ideas here?

My front passenger window (NSF) is going through that constant engagement on the motor and never seems happy the window is entirely closed. I've tried the obvious things and ensured that the channel is cleaned of any crap etc. I've also got a similar issue with the rear on the same side where it doesn't always entirely close. They could of course be entirely unrelated issues as I guess both doors are on separate control units?

Obv, I'd like to try and resolve this locally rather than have to go through a dealer diagnosis/repair if possible, but as the front door motor bumps constantly (unless I wind it down a touch) I do need to get is sorted ASAP.

EDIT: using the door locking seems to at least stop the motor bumping, which is one thing. I've tried the reset process, but it's hard to know if that's actually worked or not. But for now, the windows are shut, motors quiet and the car is water tight.
Advance Charge Yellow on 16s.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

MattHero wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:27 am Just reviving this thread to see if there are any more ideas here?

My front passenger window (NSF) is going through that constant engagement on the motor and never seems happy the window is entirely closed. I've tried the obvious things and ensured that the channel is cleaned of any crap etc. I've also got a similar issue with the rear on the same side where it doesn't always entirely close. They could of course be entirely unrelated issues as I guess both doors are on separate control units?

Obv, I'd like to try and resolve this locally rather than have to go through a dealer diagnosis/repair if possible, but as the front door motor bumps constantly (unless I wind it down a touch) I do need to get is sorted ASAP.

EDIT: using the door locking seems to at least stop the motor bumping, which is one thing. I've tried the reset process, but it's hard to know if that's actually worked or not. But for now, the windows are shut, motors quiet and the car is water tight.
I'd suggest getting that sorted asap by your dealer, that was happening on my car very occasionally with me finding the window down when I went back out to the car (either returning home from work or in the morning), then just before a 200 mile trip it would go mental and the only wat that I found to stop it was to make sure that the window wasn't fully closed. I had to wait about a month before they could sort it.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

Thanks for the advice. What was the dealers diagnosis/ repair?

Ps; Sorry if this is a repetition!
Advance Charge Yellow on 16s.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

MattHero wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:17 pm Thanks for the advice. What was the dealers diagnosis/ repair?

Ps; Sorry if this is a repetition!
They said that they replaced a switch within the door, though I don’t know whether it was a micro switch for the window or some other switch.
Then a week later I had a phone call to bring the car in for the door handle to be replaced. Again I don’t know if this was related to the window or not, but the window appeared to be fixed at the first visit.

The window has been fine since, however I’m still checking all of the windows every single time that I lock the car.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
ARTEM

Post by ARTEM »

Good afternoon If it's not difficult for you, could you write the number of the replacement part ???
Mailforkev

Post by Mailforkev »

I'm going over to my local dealership on Monday for the exact same issue. Would be valuable to know any more info that anyone had about what exactly was replaced.
ARTEM

Post by ARTEM »

what part changed?

WhatsApp Image 2023-05-26 at 11.44.56.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-05-26 at 11.44.56 (3).jpeg

Mailforkev

Post by Mailforkev »

After inspecting my window yesterday, my dealership guy told me that he has ordered a new motor and regulator to replace, this is one unit supposedly.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post