Car wash mode

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Has someone already had their e washed in a car wash? Have it done 3 times now, but still have problems with the special car wash mode. See page 391 of the owner's manual. Sometimes it works, but often unfortunately it doesn't and the brakes get stuck. Very nice in a car wash ... :shock: Then leave the car on and switch transmission to N, but then the electronic warnings drive you crazy. In my opinion, it should have been a bit easier to enable that mode. A nice sight, those brushes that come at you with bird view through the cameras.

For people who wonder if I have already seen scratches on the black plastic plates, no more than there were already from the factory.
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only

Trykpaa

Post by Trykpaa »

Never heard of it, never had a problem 🤔
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

You're braver than I am @iHansz, I've only been to the hand carwash, where the only issue has been that the people washing the car all want to stop and see inside the car to look at the screens :D
Advance Charge Yellow on 16s.
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

Having “invested” time & money in Gyeon Mohs Ceramic coatings etc, I wouldn't go near a Car Wash. And I don't need too. It's very easy to clean my car, often with just a light hose down. But sometimes with Gyeon Foam & Bathe, and my jet wash.

My only regret is not adopting Ceramic Coatings on previous motors.
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
tim.uk

Post by tim.uk »

Car wash mode is only for "unaccompanied" washes, where the car is pulled through by the system without anyone in it. It is not relevant for a static car wash, where the brushes move over a stationary vehicle.
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

tim.uk wrote: ↑Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:29 am Car wash mode is only for "unaccompanied" washes, where the car is pulled through by the system without anyone in it. It is not relevant for a static car wash, where the brushes move over a stationary vehicle.
It Ă­s a car wash where you (must) stay in the car and the car is pulled (45 meters!) through that car wash. Besides, it doesn't matter whether or not I open the door to pretend to get out for the car wash mode. I can live with a beeping system, because I want my car clean. :lol:

1500x500.jpeg

1st registered Oct 2020
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

advance2020 wrote: ↑Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:48 pm Having “invested” time & money in Gyeon Mohs Ceramic coatings etc, I wouldn't go near a Car Wash. And I don't need too. It's very easy to clean my car, often with just a light hose down. But sometimes with Gyeon Foam & Bathe, and my jet wash.

My only regret is not adopting Ceramic Coatings on previous motors.
Unfortunately I don't have that luxury, I live in the center of a big city and you really can't wash your car on the street. My car also has a protective layer (not a real coating), but if you've been in the countryside, the car is very dirty and such a automatic car wash also cleans the bottom. In any case, I'm not afraid of modern car washes, cause they are auction for the paint, they have very soft brushes and the car is always first pre-rinsed and afterwards provided with extra protection. 8-)
1st registered Oct 2020
Billstockportuk

Post by Billstockportuk »

Just wondering if anyone has used an IMO type car wash (in the UK) where you stay in the car but are pulled through the car wash. Having read the manual and identified lots of warnings about things needing switching off in car wash mode, I'm unsure if any of these (other than turning off the automatic wipers and putting the car in N) are needed for this type of car wash (as car wash mode implies it is only needed when not in the car).
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

Turning off the automatic wipers and putting the car in N is all you have to do.
However, the car will beep a lot while enjoying the bath…
Marmite

Post by Marmite »

Deactivate auto parking brake if it's on, also helps.

One thing I strongly recommend NOT to do when you go into those pulled car wash is, using digital key on your phone. I was foolish enough to leave the key fob at home. Starting the engine was nightmare after the tunnel and everybody behind me loved me unconditionally.
2020 e Advance : Modern Steel Metallic + blue accent :mrgreen: