What will be the upkeep for this kind of vehicle?

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
DaveD62

Post by DaveD62 »

As mentioned, I am extremely new to electric cars and have not been into any cars, in general, most of my life. My brother-in-law got me into them and now I am taking up more of an interest in electronic cars. I know the general upkeep and maintenance for standard cars but what is the maintenance for electric cars? In particular, the Honda E?

rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

DaveD62 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:35 am As mentioned, I am extremely new to electric cars and have not been into any cars, in general, most of my life. My brother-in-law got me into them and now I am taking up more of an interest in electronic cars. I know the general upkeep and maintenance for standard cars but what is the maintenance for electric cars? In particular, the Honda E?
The Honda e is still an unknown quantity on that front, but in general EVs should have significantly less maintenance costs, since there's far fewer moving parts. This has shown to be true for all EVs available so far. Even simple things like brake pads hardly ever need replacing, due to EV using regenerative braking. About the only thing you'll need is washer fluid and tyres!

If you're new to EVs, have a look at the videos on Fully Charged Show https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzz4Co ... 9ZAvRMhW2A, although you've a fair bit of catching up to do, since there's nine years worth of videos on there!
ChesterUK

Post by ChesterUK »

This may be useful (received from Honda UK). Quite surprising!

Maintenance Schedule.PNG

rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Yeah those 6000 mile intervals for the stealers you shine a torch under the car and take your money are ridiculous tbh.
Fizz

Post by Fizz »

They've changed the pollen filter replacement interval to yearly on this car. On all the other cars (Petrol, Diesel and Hybrid) they are changed every two years.
Using this referral code will gift you £50 of free credit after signup to Octopus Energy: https://share.octopus.energy/lucky-mink-973