Battery loosing charge?

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Download your logs have a read through what is going on,

You get skiploads of these OtaBatteryWatcher:TCountdown:

whereas this message 11-12 07:13:56.231 WARN 9651 9651 OtaDriverDistractionMonitor: Unknown action : 2050 has you wondering just how much does the car monitor and the are heaps of OTA tagged messages (OverTheAir?)

There is an awful lot going on you don't see

You need to dig into the diagnostics and then you can save them to USB and have a butchers.
Ex e owner

keithr

Post by keithr »

Yeh, it's strange. It lost 3% in one day while parked, then it was fine for several weeks, then it lost 9% over 5 days while parked, but since then (the last couple of days) it's not been losing any charge. So it's not consistent.
keithr

Post by keithr »

milligoon wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:52 pm Download your logs have a read through what is going on,

You need to dig into the diagnostics and then you can save them to USB and have a butchers.
I tried the diagnostics manual logging and saving to a USB. It copied a 7.3kb colog_MY20ADA0_..._Etc+GMT.log file to my USB memory stick. However, the log file appears to be a binary file so I can't read it.
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

When I did it on mine there were additional text files
Ex e owner
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

One other thought. Relates to key fob. As you will know, your car will light up, and pop handles every time your car is close. Any chance the key is close enough to trigger these actions frequently?
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
keithr

Post by keithr »

advance2020 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:13 am One other thought. Relates to key fob. As you will know, your car will light up, and pop handles every time your car is close. Any chance the key is close enough to trigger these actions frequently?
It shouldn't be. I keep the fobs in a Faraday bag, and the car handles only pop out when I've taken two or three steps outside my front door, so even if the fobs were not in a Faraday bag they should still be out of range. And I always keep the fobs in exactly the same place indoors, so why has the battery lost charge on just a couple of occasions? I've never seen it popping handles and turning lights on when it shouldn't. The only weird thing was some time ago when I got in the car and discovered that the rear nearside window was completely wound down - that's never happened again.

It's puzzling to know what the cause has been, although reading of various problems with the car's windows it makes me wonder if a window is constantly trying to close, or something like that.
Last edited by keithr on Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trykpaa

Post by Trykpaa »

Just had some strange drainage happen to me. Parked at the local shop with 18% left after a 35km round trip. Locked the car, and was way 3min. When I came back it was at 11%.
Never experienced any before.
Must be inaccuracy in voltage calculation or something. Nothing except high speed drive can use 7% in 3min.
Left4Cookies

Post by Left4Cookies »

Would be really nice if we could have a OBD-II adapter working on it so we could hopefully see what the hell it's doing.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Left4Cookies wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:02 am Would be really nice if we could have a OBD-II adapter working on it so we could hopefully see what the hell it's doing.
If you've got the time & about £/€200, you could buy an OVMS module and join the community in development, you'd be one of a few pioneers in this. I suspect a bumpy ride if you do.
See here for more info:
https://www.openvehicles.com/#
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
keithr

Post by keithr »

My car has just lost 3% charge again, in the last two days since I last checked it. Very strange!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post