Are forged wheel spacers better?

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

I don't recall any posts on this forum where an owner has actually fitted spacers to a Honda e.
As I've been considering this myself, please could you point me to these posts?

The purchase cost as well as the increased insurance cost has so far put me off doing this.

As for forged vs cast spacers, I'd recommend that it's more important to purchase from a reputable source where exact fitment & manufacturing tolerances are the most important considerations rather than a specific manufacturing method.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current

milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Is this for the standard wheels or after market, shoving the wheels out on spacers adds additional load on the wheel bearings.
Ex e owner
Trykpaa

Post by Trykpaa »

Downsides, plenty.

That material should matter for a thin piece of metal only exposed to compression? No. In no way. The rims are cast aluminium.

The only way a spacer can cause vibration is if it messes with concentricity of the wheel. Which is not unlikely as some doesn't have the centering feature at all.

Remember you need to replace the studs in the brake discs also.

Buy other wheels instead.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

@Rob, I'd suggest removing/banning this person & deleting this thread.

Don't bother responding to this post anymore, this @Yolanda Cyrus is a spammer/time waster, they've posted a similar question on dozens of others forums (BMW, Audi, Merc, Telsa, Honda, etc). This person is constantly trying to get people to look at wheel spacers, etc of products/articles on a specific website by pretending to be inexperienced and asking for advice.

You can easily check for yourself by Googling:
"Yolanda Cyrus" wheel
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

londiniumperson wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:05 am @Rob, I'd suggest removing/banning this person & deleting this thread.

Don't bother responding to this post anymore, this @Yolanda Cyrus is a spammer/time waster, they've posted a similar question on dozens of others forums (BMW, Audi, Merc, Telsa, Honda, etc). This person is constantly trying to get people to look at wheel spacers, etc of products/articles on a specific website by pretending to be inexperienced and asking for advice.

You can easily check for yourself by Googling:
"Yolanda Cyrus" wheel
Banned.👍
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Thank you 👍

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post