Windows, frameless, sensor, what's up?

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
Trykpaa

Post by Trykpaa »

I have gotten a new issue with the driver's door, I am curious if anybody might have knowledge about.

When driving the car, windows closed, the driver door window will occasionally roll down 1 cm and back up shortly after. Same as happens when opening the door. Happens every 10secs when worst.

Door is properly closed. Handle completely in. No error messages (door open). I can't find any sensors to tinkle with.
Note: Handle was replaced earlier - maybe related?

Left4Cookies

Post by Left4Cookies »

Never had that particular issue (I just jinxed it, didn't I?).

When it was freezing the most a couple weeks back I did have a weird scratching/rattling noise coming from the top of the windows until the vehicle was warm. Not sure if it was accumulated ice around the.. rubber strip? (English term is failing me, it's "gummiliste" in Danish).
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

There have been a couple of window issues, me included but I think yours is different from those reported on this forum to date.
You probably know of my thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=659&start=10
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
ianoox

Post by ianoox »

I have the same issue every now and then . Did you solve it ? The reset from the other thread doesn't always solve it. When it does, it is only temporary
Trykpaa

Post by Trykpaa »

I have had the dealer download a log from the car, which apparently is sent to UK for processing. Dealer is awaiting further instructions.
larsan

Post by larsan »

I have the same issue. :|
Stiwaz

Post by Stiwaz »

I’ve had the same issue. Happend both when cold and warm. It happens more often now that its very cold. Happend once or twice on 10km ride(my ride to work).
Wee Peem

Post by Wee Peem »

Possibly plug / socket inside door space not "pushed" fully home during handle replacement hence it is intermittent ?
RCH

Post by RCH »

We’re you able to solve the problem? After 13 months of ownership, it just started for me!
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

The good thing is: it will disappear suddenly again (until it comes back a few months later) after opening and closing the window several times. I suspect it has something to do with the a sensor that is supposed to prevent fingers from getting caught....

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post