Windows, frameless, sensor, what's up?

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

Was this after heavy rain or having had the car washed?

My door handles / windows / mechanism has played silly buggers twice. Both times were after the car had been washed or half a day after.

I suspect all of the door/windows/handle problems stem from a sensor in the handle mech malfunctioning because of water ingress.

If the door handle is sensed as being pulled, the window drops. If it thinks the door was closed, the window goes up. All of these senses come from the door handle mech/unit. I recall one user had continued window operation every second, leading to a very overheated window mech/relay which then burned out. Once the window is fully up, it can be quite hard to hear the repeating attempt to go up further especially if you are in a busy setting.

Should mine pack up completely at some point in the future, I will be sure to dismantle the old one and see what all the fuss is about.

Why o why couldn't honda get something as tactile as a door handle right, and then proceed for the failures of that to cause so many more failures. It's such a shame that honda lost its way on this car compared to the core product strengths from the hondas of old. I recall a decade ago mocking a co-worker with a megane that needed several new door handles, only to now probably end up in the same boat in the years to come.
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi

Keawon

Post by Keawon »

I have had problem with my boot unlocking/semi open while driving 1 year ago almost everytime it rained or I pressure washing it.
Took it back to dealer and they/Honda told me that i need to use aircon as much as possible to get rid of condensation in the car.
They said its not outside water thats the problem but thet inside one. After that i havent had any problem so far.
turntoport

Post by turntoport »

EEEE: agree - car washing seems a likely culprit - we've had the window thing twice now - both after a car wash....
Seems like someone on the eteam didn't do an adequate job of IP assessment.
atp - ttp.
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Annoying, fortunately I have never had it, while I always wash my e in a car wash.
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post