Android Auto - Stopped working whilst driving

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

On Tuesday this past week whilst driving to work Android Auto stopped working after about 15 minutes.
I was using Google Maps with a planned route & listening to a podcast using PocketCasts, for no apparent reason Android Auto shutdown & I had no map or podcast playing.
When I arrived at work I rebooted my mobile phone but Android Auto wouldn't start up, so I powered off the car, got out, locked it, rebooted my phone again and then got back in, and nothing Android Auto would not start up.
After work I spent half an hour trying various things (re-seated cable, more reboots, force closing all apps, etc) all to no avail. So I just used Bluetooth to listen to my podcasts on the drive home. I checked my phone and Android Auto (nor any other Android core app, G-maps or Pocketcasts) had been updated on my phone in the past week.
Once home that night I tried again to connect but still nothing, so removed the Android Auto app on my phone & re-installed/updated to the latest version.
On the Wednesday & Thursday I connected my phone up to the car but still no Android Auto and thought that I'd try once more Friday before contacting the dealer.
Yesterday just before I had to go out I thought I would try one last time & hey presto - all working - What the hell was going on here?

Has anybody else had issues like this with Android Auto?
Last edited by londiniumperson on Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current

milligoon

Post by milligoon »

I had Android update to 11 on my Sony Xperia 1 and it broke Android auto, then Sony issued a patch and it started working fine again.
Ex e owner

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post