Wireless CarPlay connection dropped

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
Sousaphone

Post by Sousaphone »

rickwookie wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:31 pm So, are these updates not possible over-the-air? If not, did you just request the update or did the dealer call you? How does it work?
I had issues with the infotainment screens randomly switching to old style TV static for a second or two, and that was apparently a known firmware issue. I took it in to have that fixed, and they did a full software update on all systems.

FDAD

Post by FDAD »

MattHero wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:07 am
darrenj1 wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:33 pm I didn't know wireless android auto was supported, I only knew about Bluetooth audio
I don't believe it is, although I recall someone finding an enablement button on some hidden car config a while ago for it. Only CarPlay at this point is supported for wireless.
Yes it is, it's a hidden feature, and works best if you have data in the car enabled as the phone will connect to the car's hotspot and will use the car's internet. As contrary to enabling HDMI to work in driving mode the Android auto wireless will remain enabled even after infotainment shutdown.
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

Sousaphone wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:14 am
rickwookie wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:31 pm So, are these updates not possible over-the-air? If not, did you just request the update or did the dealer call you? How does it work?
I had issues with the infotainment screens randomly switching to old style TV static for a second or two, and that was apparently a known firmware issue. I took it in to have that fixed, and they did a full software update on all systems.
I don't use the system very much now because of past experience but I would give it try if the updates solve anything.
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
ajms0288

Post by ajms0288 »

Just a quick update. I started from scratch this morning to connect my phone to the car using wireless CarPlay and bingo, worked first time, then all day. So my conclusion is that it could be either the car, the phone or most likely the strength of the Bluetooth connection. I’ve being doing multi-drop deliveries all day again, so it’s great to have my podcast or google directions just pop up without taking my phone out of my pocket. It was the second of my five initial reasons for getting the Honda.
One being good to drive, three being adaptive cruise, four being an electric drivetrain and five being able to preheat to cool the cabin.
After 850 miles in ten days I can now add one pedal driving, the sheer quality of design/engineering, instant torque (so addictive), no more petrol, the tech in general, the looks in/out, the silence, the joy of washing it etc etc etc.
Downsides..... er well not the range or boot size yet. Just not connecting to CarPlay and I still can’t get it to lock first time every time using the door handle sensor.
Blue Advance 17in. Delivered 11th March 2021. Love it. 1900 miles 3.4m/kWh
Kangoo ZE delivered 1st April 2021. No AC, old school but £150/month plus VAT. 2600 miles 3.9m/kWh
Highanddry

Post by Highanddry »

I hope I can suddenly benefit from returning CarPlay as well, as was having flawless operation over wireless before. Then wanted to do the trick of having one screen with Google Maps and one with a radio app, and used a USB cable as well, and now it does not work, also not for another previously paired phone....
Highanddry

Post by Highanddry »

Ok I got CarPlay back.
It looks as if it was linked to a less correct CarPlay app.
Suspects are MyTuner Radio and Roads by Porsche.
Running out of steam to test which one....
Procedure was deleting those apps, delete CarPlay on phone, restart phone, reconnect CarPlay via CarPlay on phone.

If anyone can recommend a good CarPlay-capable app that can run internet radio pleased to know!
ajms0288

Post by ajms0288 »

Highanddry wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:12 pm Ok I got CarPlay back.
It looks as if it was linked to a less correct CarPlay app.
Suspects are MyTuner Radio and Roads by Porsche.
Running out of steam to test which one....
Procedure was deleting those apps, delete CarPlay on phone, restart phone, reconnect CarPlay via CarPlay on phone.

If anyone can recommend a good CarPlay-capable app that can run internet radio pleased to know!
I occasionally use BBC sounds for radio via CarPlay, but only if it was the last thing I was listening to before getting into the car and it just plays. If I’m upto date with Padcasts, the Honda DAB works just fine.
Blue Advance 17in. Delivered 11th March 2021. Love it. 1900 miles 3.4m/kWh
Kangoo ZE delivered 1st April 2021. No AC, old school but £150/month plus VAT. 2600 miles 3.9m/kWh
Deleted User 928

Post by Deleted User 928 »

Message removed
Last edited by Deleted User 928 on Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
5thcivic

Post by 5thcivic »

ajms0288 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:59 pm still can’t get it to lock first time every time using the door handle sensor.
Try closing the door, pause half a second, then wipe all the three bars with your thumb slowly from the car end towards you. If you like - another tiny pause and repeat will give another clunk/flash and the super locking. And the key must not already be in a faraday bag.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

5thcivic wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:42 am
ajms0288 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:59 pm still can’t get it to lock first time every time using the door handle sensor.
Try closing the door, pause half a second, then wipe all the three bars with your thumb slowly from the car end towards you. If you like - another tiny pause and repeat will give another clunk/flash and the super locking. And the key must not already be in a faraday bag.
I've pretty much given up on using the door handle to lock the car, especially as it rarely works in the rain with a wet handle and this summer seems to have has more wet day's than dry ;)
I now usually just use the key fob.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post