Satnav update

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
Marmite

Post by Marmite »

Jy2020 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:47 pm Hi Marmite, I only came across it whilst on Garmin Express updating my Garmin watch. The map has included new road building near me (a roundabout on the A69) also some minor additions to charging points. I don't think you can mess things up, either the update works or the map remains the same. Probably your dealer would update at your next service but may make a small charge for doing so......depends if the service Manager wants to keep his customers happy! The directions on the honda.garmin website were very helpful, I suppose it all depends on how much you rely on the satnav.

Thank you so much for reassurance! I will give it a try then - I do use e's sat nav all the time & I know there are some old road shown, bypass shown in the field, new roundabout, new average speed limit etc (mainly thanks to HS2!!).

As long as nothing worse happens then that's fine by me :)
2020 e Advance : Modern Steel Metallic + blue accent :mrgreen:

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

All done after many failed download attempts (probably about a dozen in total) over the past few days.

It took about 30mins to download (on a 200Mbps broadband) & approx another 15mins to install on the car.
One issue afterwards, was that the navigation application was really slow, I'm guessing that it was either still loading in the background or caching data, for example the POIs/EV chargers.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

Jeez! Talk about slow! I thought my very fast internet connection and n-1 laptop would load quickly. But no. Garmin maps must be running on a ZX Spectrum 😂
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

I take it back. Download speeded up. 10 mins to install in the e. All done 👍
Marmite

Post by Marmite »

27min to download, 11min to upload to my e. Great! Will see what exactly had been updated in real life, next time I drive....

Many thanks again :)
2020 e Advance : Modern Steel Metallic + blue accent :mrgreen:
Sousaphone

Post by Sousaphone »

I’m really hoping this update has a few new roads near here, but I’ll see next time I pass that way. The poor thing gets increasingly desperate when you spend a long time “off road”.
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Joolsdc wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:11 pm Jeez! Talk about slow! I thought my very fast internet connection and n-1 laptop would load quickly. But no. Garmin maps must be running on a ZX Spectrum 😂
Wow, the same server being used for the MyHonda+ back-end. No wonder it's slow.
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

As a slight aside - since I had no spare 16 GB USB sticks knocking around, I just popped on to Amazon, and I can order one by 12:30 and have it delivered TODAY, all for for £2.99. Bonkers.
Highanddry

Post by Highanddry »

Did the update on a 32 GB one i had lying around, so that worked as well.
Just the Navigation seems for now to be stuck in a loop (indexing?), when entering a new destination which goes letter by letter very slooooow....
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Highanddry wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:13 pm Did the update on a 32 GB one i had lying around, so that worked as well.
Just the Navigation seems for now to be stuck in a loop (indexing?), when entering a new destination which goes letter by letter very slooooow....
Yep. Mine now freezes and the app eventually restarts after trying to enter the second letter in any search.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post