*GARMIN SATNAV UPDATE - FIXED UPDATE HAS RE-APPEARED - GET IT WHILE IT'S HOT!!!*

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
keithr

Post by keithr »

londiniumperson wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:30 pm A few weeks ago I performed the update and if I now check the in-built satnav it sill says that there's an update.
Even when I re-do the update it still indicates a newer one is available, I seem to be in an endless loop with this.
Is anyone else seeing this issue?
No. I upated mine a couple of weeks ago because when I started the navigation app it came up with a message saying that there was an update available. After updating it (the next day) it has been working fine and has not come up with the 'update available' message again.

BTW, although the instructions say you should reformat the USB drive I couldn't see why that was necessary, so I didn't reformat the 16Gb USB memory stick that I had, and I left some data on it (to save having to move it elsewhere and then back again later). It still worked perfectly okay. So if it is already formatted with FAT32 it should work without needing to reformat it.

PS I followed the instructions on https://honda.garmin.com/honda/.

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

keithr wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:24 pm
londiniumperson wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:30 pm A few weeks ago I performed the update and if I now check the in-built satnav it sill says that there's an update.
Even when I re-do the update it still indicates a newer one is available, I seem to be in an endless loop with this.
Is anyone else seeing this issue?
No. I upated mine a couple of weeks ago because when I started the navigation app it came up with a message saying that there was an update available. After updating it (the next day) it has been working fine and has not come up with the 'update available' message again.

BTW, although the instructions say you should reformat the USB drive I couldn't see why that was necessary, so I didn't reformat the 16Gb USB memory stick that I had, and I left some data on it (to save having to move it elsewhere and then back again later). It still worked perfectly okay. So if it is already formatted with FAT32 it should work without needing to reformat it.

PS I followed the instructions on https://honda.garmin.com/honda/.
Possibly the reason that it wants the SD card formatted is for a number of reasons; to reduce the chance of issues with the update, ensure that there is space on the card & also to ensure that there isn't an incompatible file of an old copy of a file on the card which might interfere with the update.

I think my update has completed because I have a reference to 2021.10 under the 'myMaps' (sorry about the photo quality, my car is facing into the sun):

Installed Maps.jpg

System Information.jpg

2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Jy2020

Post by Jy2020 »

Christmas present from Garmin, new map version 2022.10 available- hopefully this works a little better than the last update.
Rather lengthy download, Garmin Express says just over 2 hours.......

Using desktop the update actually downloaded in about 30 minutes, it started at 7.4MB/s then from 50% increased to 11.54MB/s.
Update size was almost 9GB, installation in car took 10 minutes and of course the % bar went up to 228%!!!
Seems to work which is a bonus compared to last update!
Honda E Advance Crystal Blue 17" tyres Urban and protection pack
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Thanks @Jy2020 for the heads up on the latest update. I got burnt by the last one and also because I almost always use Apple Car Play, I think that I'll wait a while before I attempt an update this time.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Weirdly enough the new update appears to give a circular range estimation?

Mine only went to 227%
Ex e owner
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Ignore the above after use it's gone back to the normal range prediction overlay
Ex e owner

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post