*GARMIN SATNAV UPDATE - FIXED UPDATE HAS RE-APPEARED - GET IT WHILE IT'S HOT!!!*

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

renedekat wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:27 pm
rickwookie wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:14 am What’s even odder is that they already release a fixed version. I have it and have not had any issues at all.
How does go about installing the update?
Sadly, until they re-release it, you can’t.

Andynet

Post by Andynet »

Spoke to local dealership yesterday who are not happy with Garmin, as they had updated sat-navs for customers, only to discover they had 'broken' them by doing so. Like us, they are waiting for Garmin to sort this out!
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Andynet wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:54 am Spoke to local dealership yesterday who are not happy with Garmin, as they had updated sat-navs for customers, only to discover they had 'broken' them by doing so. Like us, they are waiting for Garmin to sort this out!
I'm due another update regards this from my dealer within a few weeks and if it's not a positive response then I'll be asking for a written response from them as well as from Honda UK as to why it's not yet resolved.
Unless we all demand an answer I can see very little progress.
It's very disappointing that Honda UK customers need to made demands to get answers and solutions to problems that they should be providing in a timely manner without customer input.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Larbor

Post by Larbor »

londiniumperson wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:40 am
Andynet wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:54 am Spoke to local dealership yesterday who are not happy with Garmin, as they had updated sat-navs for customers, only to discover they had 'broken' them by doing so. Like us, they are waiting for Garmin to sort this out!
I'm due another update regards this from my dealer within a few weeks and if it's not a positive response then I'll be asking for a written response from them as well as from Honda UK as to why it's not yet resolved.
Unless we all demand an answer I can see very little progress.
It's very disappointing that Honda UK customers need to made demands to get answers and solutions to problems that they should be providing in a timely manner without customer input.
This is highlighting how backwards traditional car makers are when it comes to software. They have no experience nor the expertise to do over-the-air updates.
Since they can't do this, I am sure they are very reluctant to do software updates in the first place. It should be an easy, free service, creating customer loyalty. Instead it's now expensive for them, and they don't bother or do it poorly.
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

I actually wonder if this is why Tesla don't offer Android auto or apple car play?

There are to many variables phonewise to make things 100% reliable
Ex e owner
londiniumperson

milligoon wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:45 pm I actually wonder if this is why Tesla don't offer Android auto or apple car play?

There are to many variables phonewise to make things 100% reliable
I don't see the link between the inbuilt Garmin sat nav and Android-Auto/Apple-Car-Play they are disparate systems.
How is the Garmin update relevant to Tesla not offering Android Auto or Apple Car Play?
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

It was in response to the traditional car manufacturers unable to do software.

Sorry for upsetting you.
Ex e owner
londiniumperson

I'm not upset, to me it appeared to be totally irrelevant to the topic.

To continue off topic :D Tesla use bespoke software & hardware for a number of reasons, but think of them as the Apple of car manufacturers where both Tesla & Apple are not beholden to 3rd parties and can develop both the hardware & software in unison which allows them to modify either hardware and/or software a lot easier/quicker and extract efficiencies from them. Being tied to a 3rd party system like Android Auto / Apple Car Play would most likely degrade the Tesla experience with additional effort maintaining compatibility across the multitude of mobile phones currently available.
Andynet

Post by Andynet »

Only 10 days since I rang the dealer ans STILL NOTHING DONE!
Outrageous.
londiniumperson

Andynet wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:32 pm Only 10 days since I rang the dealer ans STILL NOTHING DONE!
Outrageous.
Standard practice for Honda dealers & all car dealers from my experience.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post