*GARMIN SATNAV UPDATE - FIXED UPDATE HAS RE-APPEARED - GET IT WHILE IT'S HOT!!!*

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
Larbor

Post by Larbor »

Andynet wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:32 pm Only 10 days since I rang the dealer ans STILL NOTHING DONE!
Outrageous.
What do you want them to do without an available fix?

Highanddry

Post by Highanddry »

We all bought a car with Honda making certain promises on the capabilities of the car.
Having a workable navigation system is a very reasonable thing to expect.
We did not make any commercial agreements with Garmin.
So for Honda to point that the problem is with another vendor from our perspective is fully unacceptable.
What I want Honda to do is to sort this with Garmin and do whatever they need to do to leverage their commercial arrangement with them get this working.

I agree it is fully outrageous in my case to wait now more than 2 months for a fix...
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Larbor wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:03 am
Andynet wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:32 pm Only 10 days since I rang the dealer ans STILL NOTHING DONE!
Outrageous.
Easy, reintroduce the original navigation file that was installed from new, this should only take Garmin 5 minutes at most, not over 2 months whilst they work on fixing the faulty update file.
Then the Honda & Garmin incompetent management can argue between themselves for as long as they want to find a scapegoat (i.e. standard management practice) before they work on the solution.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Highanddry

Post by Highanddry »

[/quote]
Easy, reintroduce the original navigation file that was installed from new, this should only take Garmin 5 minutes at most, not over 2 months whilst they work on fixing the faulty update file.
Then the Honda & Garmin incompetent management can argue between themselves for as long as they want to find a scapegoat (i.e. standard management practice) before they work on the solution.
[/quote]

That would be an o so little but very helpful first step....
Andynet

Post by Andynet »

I suggested this on 14th July.......

...Here's a revolutionary idea! Why not put the last working version back up so that us saps that upgraded can have their working Garmin back!
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Andynet wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:09 pm I suggested this on 14th July.......

...Here's a revolutionary idea! Why not put the last working version back up so that us saps that upgraded can have their working Garmin back!
However you've not realised that Honda UK is managed by incompetents who have massive ego's & are more interested in finding out who is to blame rather then look after their customers - this is standard UK management training.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Andynet

Post by Andynet »

Garmin Express letting me 're-install' the map today. Is it fixed? We shall see...
Andynet

Post by Andynet »

Installed and tested 3 destinations - Appears to be fixed.
Highanddry

Post by Highanddry »

Andynet wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:55 am Garmin Express letting me 're-install' the map today. Is it fixed? We shall see...
Yes saw this as well... downloading now ... fingers crossed.
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

My Garmin Express doesn't give me the option as I managed to grab the fixed BEV Europe 2021.10 version earlier in that small time slot.

What was the map version you got today?
Ex e owner

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post