*GARMIN SATNAV UPDATE - FIXED UPDATE HAS RE-APPEARED - GET IT WHILE IT'S HOT!!!*

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
Keawon

Post by Keawon »

My Garmin express doesnt show a new update. Anyone know why? Never updated to the broken one either.

Navi Honda e.jpg

rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Ok so this does suggest they've pulled the update. Annoying, since it seems to be working fine.

Because the version I've put on is newer than the the "latest" Garmin are offering, I suppose that's why there's "no update", but also, I can't "reinstall" because "my" version doesn't exist (and I guess you can't downgrade). Looking at Keawon's, presumably if you click "Kartalternativ" (Map Options), you get the option to re-install the old map?
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

In my car I have 2021.10 and for all intents from my perspective it is working
Ex e owner
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

milligoon wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:33 pm In my car I have 2021.10 and for all intents from my perspective it is working
Yes but that’s because like myself, you updated a few days ago, right?
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

rickwookie wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 8:16 am
milligoon wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:33 pm In my car I have 2021.10 and for all intents from my perspective it is working
Yes but that’s because like myself, you updated a few days ago, right?
Correct, I wonder why they pulled it? I guess there could be errors in the mapping in other regions? That cause instability? Why they don't give you the option just to download and install the region's you are interested in like you can with their traditional satnavs

I'm not sure I have the need in my Honda e to go from Dorset to the Crimea🤔
Ex e owner
Highanddry

Post by Highanddry »

How many other people are there still with a Garmin that hangs the Honda?
The story from the dealer coming from Honda is that Garmin rolled out a wrong version, then took it offline again, and now we need all to wait until they put a new version online again…
This is now from 1.5 months ago…
Does anyone still talk to Garmin on this (as mysteriously that seems to be the responsibility of us new car owners now :-<. !!!
Thank you!
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

I'm still got the knobbled Garmin update and the dealer is still telling me that there's no fix yet,
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Andynet

Post by Andynet »

Ditto, still waiting.... Heres a revolutionary idea! Why not put the last working version back up so that us saps that upgraded can have their working Garmin back!
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

What’s even odder is that they already release a fixed version. I have it and have not had any issues at all.
Larbor

Post by Larbor »

rickwookie wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:14 am What’s even odder is that they already release a fixed version. I have it and have not had any issues at all.
How does go about installing the update?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post