Range and charging rate.

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
keithr

Post by keithr »

ilscoupe wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:30 am Fingers crossed the 16" wheels make a big difference... ?
Well according to the brochure that I downloaded on the 4th June, the Honda e Advance with 17" wheels has a WLTP Combined rating of 131 miles, and with the 16" wheels it's 137 miles - so only about 4.6% longer range. So maybe only 4 or 5 miles more with the smaller wheels in real life?

Rei

Post by Rei »

I wonder if the smaller wheels are less noisy.
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Rei wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:08 pm I wonder if the smaller wheels are less noisy.
I've already driven two times in an e now, and I my opinion the wheels aren't making a lot of noise. I may be used to the sound of Michelins, because they are also under my current car. Found the e is very quiet itself, but you expect that from an electric car, don't you? ;)
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
Rei

Post by Rei »

iHansz wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:47 pm
Rei wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:08 pm I wonder if the smaller wheels are less noisy.
I've already driven two times in an e now, and I my opinion the wheels aren't making a lot of noise. I may be used to the sound of Michelins, because they are also under my current car. Found the e is very quiet itself, but you expect that from an electric car, don't you? ;)
Are you comparing it to other electric cars though? In Bjorn's test it was the noisiest EV by far, a really bad result.
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Rei wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:23 pm
Are you comparing it to other electric cars though? In Bjorn's test it was the noisiest EV by far, a really bad result.
Uhm, no sorry. Have never driven or sat in other electric cars before, so I have no comparisons. Btw find Bjorn very negative, but that's my opinion. Maybe something about clickbaits? ;)
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
Rei

Post by Rei »

iHansz wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:43 pm
Rei wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:23 pm
Uhm, no sorry. Have never driven or sat in other electric cars before, so I have no comparisons. Btw find Bjorn very negative, but that's my opinion. Maybe something about clickbaits? ;)
I think Bjorn is fair but the noise test was done with a sound meter anyway so unless he made a mistake it's hard data.
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

Tyre noise depends on the tyre and not the car. Michelin pilot sport 4 are not quiet and not even economical. They are labelled at 71db and only E for effeciency. They should have went for the Michelin Primacy 4 S2 that are labelled as 68db and A for the 2 front tyres. It makes a lot of difference and I can say this from my experience in changing tyres.
bogga

Post by bogga »

What make and model of tyres are fitted to the 16" wheels? Are they an eco tyre?
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

At the Tokyo Motorshow on the non advance model 16inch were

Rear: Yokohama Bluearth A AE-50 205/55R16 91V.
Roll resistance C, grip A, noise 71db.

Front: Yokohama Bluearth A AE-50 185/60R16 86H.
Could not find in Europe so no specs.

It looks that they are similar in noise as the 17inch with slightly better rolling resistance but still not grade A.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

The Yokohama Bluearth & Michelin Pilot Sport 4 are two different types of tyre.
The Yokohama Bluearth is biased towards energy saving, long mileage and wet grip performance.
Whereas the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 is a high performance tyre, prioritising wet grip, braking and cornering performances over energy saving and long life.

On an ICE car there's a noticeable difference in fuel economy between the two in normal daily use, however unless you're pushing the car to it's limit on a track it's unlikely the average driver would notice any difference on a small low'ish powered car in regards grip. I've experience of the Bluearth & performance Michelin tyres on the same car over high mileage/long ownership (150k miles/5yrs) and there's around a 10% improvement in economy & significantly longer life, in the region of almost 50% more miles using Bluearth over performance tyres.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post