Wind screen, heads up

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
Trykpaa

Post by Trykpaa »

I am notoriously unlucky with (new) wind screens. Of cause the E got a fairly bad chip within the first month. Been fine, till it recently cracked almost all the way across, so now there is no delaying replacement any more.

Got 2 quotes. Both 7000dkk (about 800£). Double that of my 2017 Civic (on its forth screen).

Breakdown is 500£ parts and 5,5 hours of labour 🤯

Cost has nothing to do with E being electric ofcause. But everything to do with heating, radar, camera, tech and general design.

Careful with the windscreens out there (to the extent, you can make a difference). We will have spend 2,5x on wind screens as we have on electricity in the first year.

Nebrog23

Post by Nebrog23 »

Interesting thanks. I had thought the other day the it wouldn’t be cheap with all the tech!
Larbor

Post by Larbor »

Join the club. Mine cracked as well
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

Trykpaa wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:29 pm I am notoriously unlucky with (new) wind screens. Of cause the E got a fairly bad chip within the first month. Been fine, till it recently cracked almost all the way across, so now there is no delaying replacement any more.

Got 2 quotes. Both 7000dkk (about 800£). Double that of my 2017 Civic (on its forth screen).

Breakdown is 500£ parts and 5,5 hours of labour 🤯

Cost has nothing to do with E being electric ofcause. But everything to do with heating, radar, camera, tech and general design.

Careful with the windscreens out there (to the extent, you can make a difference). We will have spend 2,5x on wind screens as we have on electricity in the first year.

Your Insurance doesn't cover that?
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post