Frozen Infotainment system/Dashboard tech, possible restart?

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
Slate

Post by Slate »

Hello!!

Recent new e owner for a few weeks, been loving the car so far

Everything mostly was fine until this weekend however my infotainment system suddenly seemed to be super slow and unrensponsive? Like barely any apps will load, not even the aquarium and sometimes not even the apps menu and Carplay became really laggy.

Has this happened to anyone?

I want to try and see if there's a way to hard-restart the underlying OS, when I check the runtime in the ABout section it's been going on for a few hours and want to know any way to resetting it might do the trick.
Simply powering off/on the car doesnt seem to restart it as the runtime counter still seems to carry on.

FDAD

Post by FDAD »

Slate wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:14 pm Hello!!

Recent new e owner for a few weeks, been loving the car so far

Everything mostly was fine until this weekend however my infotainment system suddenly seemed to be super slow and unrensponsive? Like barely any apps will load, not even the aquarium and sometimes not even the apps menu and Carplay became really laggy.

Has this happened to anyone?

I want to try and see if there's a way to hard-restart the underlying OS, when I check the runtime in the ABout section it's been going on for a few hours and want to know any way to resetting it might do the trick.
Simply powering off/on the car doesnt seem to restart it as the runtime counter still seems to carry on.
Hi, great to have you here!
If I were you I'd check the topics regarding infotainment...
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Have you got a lot of apps running in the background? use centre option (recent icon) at top of buttons next to the switch screen button, it'll let you see how many are running in the background, flick a task up to stop it, see page 269 in manual

apphist.jpg

Ex e owner
Slate

Post by Slate »

milligoon wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 6:10 pm Have you got a lot of apps running in the background? use centre option (recent icon) at top of buttons next to the switch screen button, it'll let you see how many are running in the background, flick a task up to stop it, see page 269 in manual

apphist.jpg
Yep, I did try this and unfortuantely it's all still very slow...
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

Slate wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:59 am
milligoon wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 6:10 pm Have you got a lot of apps running in the background? use centre option (recent icon) at top of buttons next to the switch screen button, it'll let you see how many are running in the background, flick a task up to stop it, see page 269 in manual

apphist.jpg
is it all black yet or can you still touch and see the things in the screen?
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
Slate

Post by Slate »

FDAD wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 12:50 pm
Slate wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:59 am

apphist.jpg
is it all black yet or can you still touch and see the things in the screen?

I can see and interact with things on screen but like... barely?? My inputs take about 3-4 seconds to register and some apps and menus ("All Apps" button and Aquarium) don't open at all... very weird
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

This is what you're going to do:

ALL APPS -> GENERAL SETTINGS -> SYSTEM

In this screen select the option immediately below «About» This will restore EVERYTHING in infotainment to factory settings.

I can't promise you that it's a permanent fix but it should make things work for some time.
Slate

Post by Slate »

FDAD wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 2:39 pm This is what you're going to do:

ALL APPS -> GENERAL SETTINGS -> SYSTEM

In this screen select the option immediately below «About» This will restore EVERYTHING in infotainment to factory settings.

I can't promise you that it's a permanent fix but it should make things work for some time.
Thank you!!! This fixed it

I couldn’t access “All Apps” but luckily there was a shortcut to General Settings from the passenger screen that allowed me to do this

There must have been a rogue app or something that caused it to slow down… also luckily it’s just the preferences that were reset. Telematics and MyHonda+ seem to continue to work so far without the need to set up again…
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

No problem I have too many experience 🤣 in this field..

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post