Removing a wheel on a Honda e advance?

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
enesix

Post by enesix »

My "German" E has no locking wheel nuts.
My "16" and "17" inch wheels use different nuts but both types have no locking function.
2021 Advance in Premium Crystal Blue on 16`s Winter and 17`s Summer
1991 NSX

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

enesix wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 5:07 am My "German" E has no locking wheel nuts.
My "16" and "17" inch wheels use different nuts but both types have no locking function.
Locking wheel nuts are an optional extra, though I didn't specify mine.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

I was told by my stealer that they were included, so I'll be pee'd off if I don't have them. Not that I know, because the 16"s have a cover trim over the nuts/bolts and one of the things I noticed when I picked up the car was there was no removal tool for it anywhere in the car. The stealer concluded that since there's no spare tyre anyway it wasn't needed, and the tyre wasn't user serviceable. :lol:
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

When my e went in for the comedy firmware update for the back seat / safety belt sensor, I pointed out the rusty nuts 🧐, and my dealer said they would replace them under warranty. That was six weeks + ago and nothing yet. I think they are on back order.
So I haven’t taken wheels off yet. I hadn’t thought they were just painted and would scratch when undone. That’s poor
Trykpaa

Post by Trykpaa »

enesix wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 5:07 am My "German" E has no locking wheel nuts.
Same here, no lock nuts. Have had them off 3 times, so I would have noticed 😁
Bazarooney

Post by Bazarooney »

A new interesting slant. Took my car into have a puncture repaired. Unfortunately too close to wall so need new tyre. I gave the fitter the box of locking nuts which I had never opened. The fitter noticed that front wheel had no locking nuts (16inch). He checked and rears had them but the fronts didn’t so he said he would put them on for me. However they do not fit as they stick out too far so the cover no longer fits. This is because the rear wheels nuts are recessed but the front are not. Interesting.
exalfista

Post by exalfista »

Thanks for any responses posted.

This issue was fixed a couple of weeks ago now but I forgot to provide an update.

The AA transported our to the main dealer who then removed the locking wheelnut. We have not asked about their methods!

Information we received indicates that vehicles are despatched from the factory with standard wheel nuts and the dealer installs the locking wheel nuts prior to customer collection. Possibly not all dealers install them, and the response from Germany suggests they don't (maybe alloy wheel theft is not as much of a thing there?).

Our suspicion is that too much torque was applied when they were fitted, but of course our dealership will not admit to this.

Anyway, they sorted it out and fitted the tyre which I had bought previously for no charge.

To avoid future problems of a similar nature we have had all the locking wheelnuts removed.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post