MyHonda+ Digital Key

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
tcg68

Post by tcg68 »

RAL7004 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:41 pm To this day, the digital key does not work in my case (despite the subscription being activated in the meantime). I am in constant exchange with the people from Honda Connected Services.
However, I now think: Never, ever would I rely on this software and use the vehicle without conventional keys: Just consider how poorly the app works in general. Every now and then, partial functions (or the entire thing) fail. Londi already described such experiences above...

So: As long as Honda does not use mature software solutions like the Apple Carkey (they are part of the consortium) I will not want to use it...
I agree. I've been in contact with Honda for weeks and had a half-hour troubleshooting phone call where we went through lots of different things. Last thing I got another email with detailed steps which are exactly the same things I went through on the phone call. Basically, even if I could get it working I don't think i would trust it to work when I needed it.

iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Mine works thankfully, after a long time and many emails to Honda. But you shouldn't expect too much from it either, it's a nice gimmick, but it doesn't always work smoothly on iPhone. Maybe it works better with an Android, I don't know.
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Have you guys also received a request from Honda Europe via e-mail today to participate in an online survey about Honda Conected Services and the App? I filled it in and sorry Honda, you don't end up doing so well (understatement). But, I think they are trying to find out what is wrong. That is a good thing, isn't it? They also ask about the packages you have purchased or not, and they know which ones you have installed, at least I think so. But I have installed everything.
1st registered Oct 2020
Larbor

Post by Larbor »

iHansz wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:44 pm Have you guys also received a request from Honda Europe via e-mail today to participate in an online survey about Honda Conected Services and the App? I filled it in and sorry Honda, you don't end up doing so well (understatement). But, I think they are trying to find out what is wrong. That is a good thing, isn't it? They also ask about the packages you have purchased or not, and they know which ones you have installed, at least I think so. But I have installed everything.
3 possible outcomes of the negative feedback:
1. They don’t do anything
2. They pull the plug on it
3. They start from scratch and copy existing,
Good apps. They should also get rid of digital key and replace it with car key.
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

Honda have totally failed to promote the “e”
They don't care about the App, just hope that some naive owners with more money than sense might “Subscribe” for paid services.
The thought that ANYONE that is sane would rely on the Digital Key to operate their car is beyond belief.
Just tell them the truth. The MyHonda+ App saga has “stolen” so many hours of our lives that we will never get back. And some are still trying to get stuff to work.
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

advance2020 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:34 pm Honda have totally failed to promote the “e”
They don't care about the App, just hope that some naive owners with more money than sense might “Subscribe” for paid services.
The thought that ANYONE that is sane would rely on the Digital Key to operate their car is beyond belief.
Just tell them the truth. The MyHonda+ App saga has “stolen” so many hours of our lives that we will never get back. And some are still trying to get stuff to work.
Don't worry, I told them the truth. They will never have seen such a bad survey result. 🤣🤣🤣
1st registered Oct 2020
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

Recently recd an email reply from Connected Services finally telling me I could Subscribe to the Digital Key. It never worked on first attempt, just locked up part way thru. But then I get a prompt from the App telling me that I also need to Subscribe to Safety & Journeys to get DK to work. Well since that will COST me, and I don't suppose it will work anyway (Apple iPhone user) that's other hour of my life I will never get back.
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Currently at Honda seeing why it doesn't work in my car/phone, whether I carry on using it (if they can get it working) when I would have to pay for it is neither here nor there, it's supposed to work endof
Ex e owner
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

A reset of the Comms unit sorted it out, the tech even thought it weird considering all the other Bluetooth functionality worked!
Ex e owner
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

I was playing around with the App and discovered that there is an update for the Honda Personal Assistant. Yes, it costs money, but I want the full experience. ;) For you, it is probably under "Discover", but for us it is called "Ontdekken". Only when you click on that message, you can't read the whole text, because you can't scroll up (on an iPhone). I thought, how does it update then? So it does that automatically and probably over the air. Had the car on a charging station on the street for a few hours and the assistant was updated. Now it works much better, understands my crooked English and is funny too. When you ask "do you speak Japanese" she says WoofWoof. Just hope it is not offensive... Go and play with it some more to see what it can do. 8-)

IMG_9010.jpg

1st registered Oct 2020

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post