MyHonda+ Digital Key

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
crushuk

Post by crushuk »

well my digital key was working last week but now when you click tap to start on bluetooth it says it cart start or when it does there was a error please try later.
I have deleted the app re installed which was a bit of pain and now stuck with same issue .. oh dear!

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

crushuk wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:11 pm well my digital key was working last week but now when you click tap to start on bluetooth it says it cart start or when it does there was a error please try later.
I have deleted the app re installed which was a bit of pain and now stuck with same issue .. oh dear!
I find a full phone reboot usually helps to fix this.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

londiniumperson wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:16 pm
crushuk wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:11 pm well my digital key was working last week but now when you click tap to start on bluetooth it says it cart start or when it does there was a error please try later.
I find a full phone reboot usually helps to fix this.
Or if that fails, another reboot might fix it, but then again it might not.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

New version is out for iOS. It seems to work (much) faster. Really!

159A0EF1-A0CB-4D84-9FD3-157EBE4B9A16.jpeg

Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
ZoeDave

Post by ZoeDave »

I may well be very late to the party here, having only picked up my car 2 days ago, but when I downloaded the app, it gave me a bit more hope than I had reading this thread that it may be or become more useful than I had expected.

There was a line that said that some levels of the new Jazz are compatible with the app.

While the features may be different, if even their cheapest car can use the app it suggests that the user base will grow a great deal, larger cars will also gain access and the app will be properly supported.

So I have hope.
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

It is very unlike me to use or trust the App, but I tried it yesterday, while charging, and when I returned to my car the digital key “found my car” quicker than my keyfob?
The screen invited me to enter a PIN. Well that was a surprise, it worked ok, but I switched off and restarted with the keyfob.
But today, I did try to use the DK to move my car back into my garage. Only a few yards, and then I lost a network connection. But the DK continued to work.

I just wouldn't trust it go any further afield, without the keyfob onboard.
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
Keawon

Post by Keawon »

For me Digital Key has worked perfect after visiting the dealer last week, never worked before since release of Digital Key.
Me and and technician spent almost 2 hours to figure out Honda Bulletin step by step manual. Worthless piece of shit.
Long story short, if you have the correct working SAE unit (bluetooth modul) you need to disconnect the negative on battery for 5-10min.
1. Remove center speaker grill on the dashboard. Check serial nr on SAE unit. Correct is 38410-TYF-E020-M1 if you have this proceed to step 2.
2. Open bonnet/hood, power of the car and let it sit for 5+min to let car fall a sleep, and all sensor turn of and so on.
3. Remove negative side on battery, completly. We put a rubber glove under.
4. Connect to battery and fire up the car and then app.

My digital key worked instantly after that. Has even left key at home a few times.

If there still are people out there without working Digital Key.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post