MyHonda+ Digital Key

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

The Digital Key is flaky AF.

Last week one lunchtime I drove from work to a close by Asda rather than walk the mile and decided not to take my key, but just my phone. I successfully unlocked and drove the car to Asda but on my return had problems 'starting' the car. Unlocking wasn't an issue with the phone using NFC, but I just couldn't get the app to the point where it allowed me to enter the single use PIN and neither did NFC on the dashboard work, so I was unable to drive.
Eventually after 15 mins and a phone reboot I got it working. I can't see that I'll be using the app again anytime soon, because having the key fob negates the need for the Digital Key app.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current

Marmite

Post by Marmite »

advance2020 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:31 am Even if it worked, this cost is more than my Annual Digital Sub for The Guardian, and a bit less than Digital Economist. Mine is still “In Progress” and the response from Connected Services has not proved helpful. Fortunately there are better uses of my time.

Although the App loads faster on initial launch, it still takes ages to refresh with real time data. The New Request Update message is an unnecessary extra click, with no benefit.

So I my opinion that the App is worse than totally f**king useless remains.
At least that is on trend this week
Agree, it's not worth the hassle to obtain Digital Key - perhaps just good to know at somewhere of my mind that if I lost/left key situation I have back up with my phone as key. But it's not worth £59/annum - in real life I had never lost/left my car key and when/if car key is stolen I'm sure the phone would be gone with my handbag!

As for App loading, I found that even it's not updated I can start pre-entry air con or other things immediately these days. Then App do those and update simultaneously - previously I think I had to wait till App update to current time ... though I'm not 100% sure.
2020 e Advance : Modern Steel Metallic + blue accent :mrgreen:
Keawon

Post by Keawon »

My Honda+ has updated itself to 5.4.4 from 5.4.3, and my pending Digital Key was reset. 😃
Anyone else?
sbullo

Post by sbullo »

Same here for the reset, Digital key has been reset, but I still can't add the service, just goes back to being available after adding it in the App.
Adv. 16" Wheels
Keawon

Post by Keawon »

sbullo wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:29 pm Same here for the reset, Digital key has been reset, but I still can't add the service, just goes back to being available after adding it in the App.
I was the same first time for me to. Then i logged out and back in again. Added Digital Key ones again and agreed to the terms and then it worked.
sbullo

Post by sbullo »

Did try the log in / out thing but still no joy will try a couple more times and see. :-)
Adv. 16" Wheels
Jy2020

Post by Jy2020 »

Digital key is now being offered as a complimentary subscription, free for 1 year in uk.
Honda E Advance Crystal Blue 17" tyres Urban and protection pack
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Today I received an email from Honda EU to request for Digital Key (free of charge) and to activate it again. After doing so, it is now working properly. 😎
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

So Guys, please tell me is Digital Key worth the hassle?
I tried and failed to Subscribe and get it to work on first attempt. Email request bore no fruit. Not sure whether it's worth pressing for Help from Connected Services, only to find this is just another feature of the App, which is a Matt Hancock (slang for Totally F**king Useless).
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

To this day, the digital key does not work in my case (despite the subscription being activated in the meantime). I am in constant exchange with the people from Honda Connected Services.
However, I now think: Never, ever would I rely on this software and use the vehicle without conventional keys: Just consider how poorly the app works in general. Every now and then, partial functions (or the entire thing) fail. Londi already described such experiences above...

So: As long as Honda does not use mature software solutions like the Apple Carkey (they are part of the consortium) I will not want to use it...

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post