MyHonda+ Digital Key

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
tcg68

Re: MyHonda+ Digital Key

Post by tcg68 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:25 am

RAL7004 wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:41 pm
To this day, the digital key does not work in my case (despite the subscription being activated in the meantime). I am in constant exchange with the people from Honda Connected Services.
However, I now think: Never, ever would I rely on this software and use the vehicle without conventional keys: Just consider how poorly the app works in general. Every now and then, partial functions (or the entire thing) fail. Londi already described such experiences above...

So: As long as Honda does not use mature software solutions like the Apple Carkey (they are part of the consortium) I will not want to use it...
I agree. I've been in contact with Honda for weeks and had a half-hour troubleshooting phone call where we went through lots of different things. Last thing I got another email with detailed steps which are exactly the same things I went through on the phone call. Basically, even if I could get it working I don't think i would trust it to work when I needed it.

iHansz

Re: MyHonda+ Digital Key

Post by iHansz » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:42 pm

Mine works thankfully, after a long time and many emails to Honda. But you shouldn't expect too much from it either, it's a nice gimmick, but it doesn't always work smoothly on iPhone. Maybe it works better with an Android, I don't know.
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only