MyHonda+ Digital Key

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
RCH

Post by RCH »

@renedekat, I see the message on the dash asking me to enter a PIN. However, I don’t see where in the iOS My Honda+ app to enter it! I’m not sure if this is related to the Digital Key subscription which sometimes works but has trouble connecting over the past 2 days. Prior to activating the Digital Key, I never saw the message on-screen before.
Also, when tapping my iPhone to the NFC area, it brings up my Apple Wallet. Haha.

Any help would be appreciated so I can, without my key fob, unlock my e (which i can do) and play around with the infotainment system (which I can no longer do because of that PIN message!).

0632C809-D6B6-4D2B-936F-079AB4ABDBE6.jpeg

Larbor

Post by Larbor »

RCH wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:17 am @renedekat, I see the message on the dash asking me to enter a PIN. However, I don’t see where in the iOS My Honda+ app to enter it! I’m not sure if this is related to the Digital Key subscription which sometimes works but has trouble connecting over the past 2 days. Prior to activating the Digital Key, I never saw the message on-screen before.
Also, when tapping my iPhone to the NFC area, it brings up my Apple Wallet. Haha.

Any help would be appreciated so I can, without my key fob, unlock my e (which i can do) and play around with the infotainment system (which I can no longer do because of that PIN message!).
When I entered the car after opening it with the app, it should the pin field in the app. I hadn’t closed the app while entering the car.
RCH

Post by RCH »

Thanks @renedekat. Unfortunately, I had my app open and refreshed prior to unlocking the door and then pressing the power button (again without the key fob in range). Nothing showed up either in the Connected Services or Digital Key home screens. How were you able to connect your phone to the Honda prior to starting the engine? Normally, it takes me about 10-15 seconds before the connection and Car Play is enabled, after turning on the engine.
Larbor

Post by Larbor »

RCH wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:04 pm Thanks @renedekat. Unfortunately, I had my app open and refreshed prior to unlocking the door and then pressing the power button (again without the key fob in range). Nothing showed up either in the Connected Services or Digital Key home screens. How were you able to connect your phone to the Honda prior to starting the engine? Normally, it takes me about 10-15 seconds before the connection and Car Play is enabled, after turning on the engine.

9D9DA7FD-1781-4C1E-AF41-152DE2CE9D3A.jpeg

28B713F6-8F14-4375-A67D-E5B37A8B83E8.png

454E72C5-4A55-4B3B-9914-E46922D2E50B.jpeg

F3122F62-4E1C-4076-BA5E-7ED5018799C0.jpeg

Images in reverse order.
TechJamo

Post by TechJamo »

Hey guys,

I'm clearly missing something.

I'm using a Samsung galaxy S21 ultra, my honda+ app is on v5.4.2.

Ive activated the subscription which is showing as activated from now till 2022.

I've asked the app to have my phone as the primary digital key holder (something on the lines of that).

Now, when I open the app it asks me to swipe for digital key. It then asks me to tap the screen.

... And that's it. Nothing happens. It telss me that it's loading, I've left it for 10 Mins and nothing has happened.

I've tried the above with the car turned on and with the car turned off - both times standing about 1 meter next to the car. I've also left the original key fob out of unlocking distance to see if this made a difference...

However it didn't.

I'm lost at what to do next really...
Best wishes,

Joel Justin | Founder & Content Creator
TECH JAMO YouTube Channel

Social Media: @TechJamo

Telephone/WhatsApp: +44 7586504544

MailTo: Hello@techjamo.com
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

I am still conversing with support, as all the suggestions on how to initialise it have come up with exactly the same none completion, I have sent off lots of screen shots of my none working system, I've uninstalled the app reinstalled etc all to no avail, I have a notification on my phone that the digital key is running in the background but it doesn't come back and complete the car does not give me any pin screens etc. I even pointed out that although the android app shows 5.4.3 in app the actual app is 5.4.2. I will let you know more if and when I get anywhere.
Ex e owner
Marmite

Post by Marmite »

Hmm sorry for the people having problem for obtaining Digital key. :?

My app & digital key has been fine and I have been intentionally using Digital key (without carrying key fob) since then just for the sake of it. Personally I do miss auto pop open feature especially approaching with supermarket trolley in the rain - and that pull gently & touch to close function, I tried to do that many times before realising not having key (OK, just old age).

Today at car wash, I thought I did remind myself well for all those procedure before going onto belt, ie. turn off auto parking brake & auto window wiper, put into Car wash mode by pedal/N/stop and all that ... but then at the end when I had to start the car I realised I didn't know what I should do with Digital key, pressed lock by mistake and started alarm. Meanwhile the cars behind me waiting in the tunnel very happily :oops: Once upon a time all I had to do was put the gear in neutral & turn off engine!

I think I shall go back to the key fob :roll:
2020 e Advance : Modern Steel Metallic + blue accent :mrgreen:
Keawon

Post by Keawon »

TechJamo wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:10 pm Hey guys,

Ive activated the subscription which is showing as activated from now till 2022.

I've asked the app to have my phone as the primary digital key holder (something on the lines of that).

Now, when I open the app it asks me to swipe for digital key. It then asks me to tap the screen.

... And that's it. Nothing happens. It telss me that it's loading, I've left it for 10 Mins and nothing has happened.

I've tried the above with the car turned on and with the car turned off - both times standing about 1 meter next to the car. I've also left the original key fob out of unlocking distance to see if this made a difference...

However it didn't.

Hi, I have iphone and my app doesnt work. But dont andriod use NFC on B-pillar and instrumentpanel and iphone pincode? Or can android use pincode to?
RCH

Post by RCH »

@renedekat, last night I tried again and was able to first connect via Digital Key (yeah!) and then the PIN screen showed up. No problems so far. Just wanted to say thanks for helping!!
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Keawon wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:18 pm
TechJamo wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:10 pm Hey guys,

However it didn't.

Hi, I have iphone and my app doesnt work. But dont andriod use NFC on B-pillar and instrumentpanel and iphone pincode? Or can android use pincode to?
Android can use either the NFC (door & instrument panel) or PIN code.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post