Android Auto Wireless

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
Minky92

Post by Minky92 »

Thanks for the walkthrough Reuben. I couldn't get it to work sadly, enabled it in the dev options but the car's not picking up my phone. I don't know if I need to perform another step for it to be recognised, but yeah, not showing up as an option to connect unless I plug it in. Annoying.

Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

bogga wrote: โ†‘Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:37 pm Tried it.. it works, but the audio breaks up, and it's slow, either my phone can't cope, or there is somehting odd in bandwidth over wifi.

I've got another car with wireless android auto, so I'll test that and report.
Try changing to 5ghz.
To change go again into the diagnostics menu, detailed information, long press the home button, smartphone information and change frequency to 5ghz
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

To use android auto android 11 is a must and the steps to use android auto wireless are explained when adding a car in the app.

The latest update fixed it not autoconnecting so... its fixed for me anyway..
YouCut_20210616_184014832.mp4
(6.6 MiB) Downloaded 257 times
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + โœŒ๏ธ๐ŸŽ‚
bogga

Post by bogga »

Reuben80 wrote: โ†‘Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:22 pm
bogga wrote: โ†‘Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:37 pm Tried it.. it works, but the audio breaks up, and it's slow, either my phone can't cope, or there is somehting odd in bandwidth over wifi.

Try changing to 5ghz.
To change go again into the diagnostics menu, detailed information, long press the home button, smartphone information and change frequency to 5ghz
OK, I have tried again... changed Android Auto settings to 5ghz as per the above instructions and it's better, but still the sound breaks up and it disconnects repeatedly.

maybe this is the reason why Honda haven't released this yet
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

bogga wrote: โ†‘Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:28 pm
Reuben80 wrote: โ†‘Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:22 pm

Try changing to 5ghz.
OK, I have tried again... changed Android Auto settings to 5ghz as per the above instructions and it's better, but still the sound breaks up and it disconnects repeatedly.

maybe this is the reason why Honda haven't released this yet
it happened with a old smartphone i had.. current one works just fine.
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + โœŒ๏ธ๐ŸŽ‚
Minky92

Post by Minky92 »

Oh wow, I got it working! Seems to be running perfectly. Not too sure what it was I did differently this time; the 5GHz setting might've been what sorted it? I cleared Honda HFT from my Bluetooth history and did a fresh pairing- then the Auto logo appeared on the dash and now it's running identically to a wired connection. No hitches or stuttering, though I'm guessing that's more down to the host phone's specs rather than the wireless mode- for reference I'm running a mid-spec Razr with a Snapdragon 765 - but yeah, very impressed so far. Even connects automatically when I boot up the car. Lovely!

It'll probably burn through my phone's battery like nothing else but it's just nice that it works! Thanks for the help!
bogga

Post by bogga »

Snapdragon 630, can't cope then. .. Maybe
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

Thanks to Tech Jamo
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

Reuben80 wrote: โ†‘Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:29 pm

Thanks to Tech Jamo
Probably saw how to do it from here.. :lol:
bogga

Post by bogga »

UPDATE:

My old Android phone running Android 9, with a 630 Snapdragon processors does appear to be able to run Android Auto wireless after all.

I uninstalled some applications, namely a netmonitor application, and now it appears to work without the audio being corrupted or disconnecting every 5 mins.... time will tell, I'll do a longer test soon.
Last edited by bogga on Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post