Navigation without audio

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
Humungus

Post by Humungus »

Has anyone ever had issues with the navigation having no audio? Mine is muted and I can't figure out why :cry:

I have checked all audio settings and they are all dialed up at or above half way. The navigation itself works fine, just no spoken instructions. When I try to adjust the audio level the speaker symbol in the driver display simply remains at zero. I have tried resetting the navigation to default and also tried several languages, but nothing helpes.

So is there maybe a hidden mute function that I am overlooking?

milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Does the music volume drop at all when a direction is issued? If so try altering the volume when a direction instruction is issued
Ex e owner
Humungus

Post by Humungus »

Thanks Mililigoon for your reply!

There is no volume drop at all! I think it's just a softwareproblem as there are so many of those. Just this evening I noticed that the 230V outlet is not working either (never used, so it couldn't be a blown fuse). And besides that I have an intermittent problem with the turn indicators. If you push the switch they should blink 3 times, but half of the time they only blink once.

I guess I'll have to visit the dealer for all this but he's not exactly located nearby so I would rather sort these issues myself.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Hello,
I'm assuming that you've followed the instructions & have set the car's power mode to ON & once plugged in the appliance pushed the AC 230V button?
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Humungus

Post by Humungus »

Yes power is on but pushing the AC230 button doesn't do anything (the corresponding LED is not lighting up). Now it could be the fuse but Is see no quick way to access that as it is not very clear wich fuse I should pull (fuse no. 50 out off the fuse panel in the cabin?) and there seems to be no instruction as how to remove the inner panel it is hiding behind.
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Humungus wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:32 pm Thanks Mililigoon for your reply!

There is no volume drop at all! I think it's just a softwareproblem as there are so many of those. Just this evening I noticed that the 230V outlet is not working either (never used, so it couldn't be a blown fuse). And besides that I have an intermittent problem with the turn indicators. If you push the switch they should blink 3 times, but half of the time they only blink once.

I guess I'll have to visit the dealer for all this but he's not exactly located nearby so I would rather sort these issues myself.
Fwiw I sometimes get the single blink thing too.
Humungus

Post by Humungus »

The audio issue has been fixed after a re-install of the latest maps. So it turned out to be software related.
Sebb

Post by Sebb »

How do I turn off the voice in navigation?
Verone

Post by Verone »

Humungus wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:32 pm Thanks Mililigoon for your reply!

The single blink thing was really annoying me for a while - turns out the stalk is SUPER sensitive. I tried this god knows how many times.

If you hold it in position for too long (without activating the switch to hold it there until it's cancelled by steering column movement) then you only get one blink. You just have to give it a super fast tap for the three blinks.

It's takes some getting used to, and I still occasionally fuck it up, it can be really annoying :lol:

On the 230v socket, not sure what could be causing that, could be that the switch with the LED is broken, or it could be the fuse out - even if you haven't used it, it could have been popped at the dealer or factory somehow. Best to check it for sure. I find that socket super useful for when I'm out and about 8-)
Icelandic Advance Limited Edition in Premium Crystal Red on 17" rims
Registered May 2023
Home Type 2 Charging & Free Work Type 2 Charging! Woo!
ODO - 8750km
Fed

Post by Fed »

Sebb wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:42 am How do I turn off the voice in navigation?
There is a specific adjustment for the navigation voice volume under sound settings.