Tire pressure warning light

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Do others also suffer from that tire pressure warning light coming on all the time? Since a few weeks. Tires are correctly on pressure, no leakage and I have calibrated the system a few times now. But after once days, the light comes on again.
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only

bogga

Post by bogga »

Not here
Trykpaa

Post by Trykpaa »

System is sensitive to difference in pressure between left and right - it works by detecting any difference in circumference left-right. Absolute pressure it cannot detect.

If your gauge is not accurate (if you use a petrol station, try a different one) or something else causing a percieved difference in circumference i.e if you have different tires left-right, thats the reason.

I have had loads of false negatives on these systems on different cars. So many that if I have a flat one day I won't react to the warning from pressure sensor anyway. Usually problems can be solved by being very meticulous about tire pressure. Driving spirited on icy roads and other odd cases can always trigger the warning.
Last edited by Trykpaa on Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Do you have even wear on your tyres?
Ex e owner
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

At what pressure you keep the tyres?
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

milligoon wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:50 am Do you have even wear on your tyres?
Tyres are all okay. No damage and no abnormal waer. They looks like to be new (only 5000km driven so far).
1st registered Oct 2020
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Reuben80 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:58 am At what pressure you keep the tyres?
On the inside of the door is 2.3 bar, I have kept to that. They were at more than 2.7 bar! :o
1st registered Oct 2020
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Trykpaa wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:49 pm System is sensitive to difference in pressure between left and right - it works by detecting any difference in circumference left-right. Absolute pressure it cannot detect.

If your gauge is not accurate (if you use a petrol station, try a different one) or something else causing a percieved difference in circumference i.e if you have different tires left-right, thats the reason.

I have had loads of false negatives on these systems on different cars. So many that if I have a flat one day I won't react to the warning from pressure sensor anyway. Usually problems can be solved by being very meticulous about tire pressure. Driving spirited on icy roads and other odd cases can always trigger the warning.
Thanks for your explanation. The problem started when I was on holiday in the south of the Netherlands. We have hills there (really!) and according to the instruction booklet, the system can give a warning at extreme height differences. But the hills are not that high here... :D I'm going to the dealer today.
1st registered Oct 2020
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

iHansz wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:14 am
On the inside of the door is 2.3 bar, I have kept to that. They were at more than 2.7 bar! :o
The cars are all shipped from the factory with very high pressures on purpose in order to avoid flat spots during the long shipping before they are sold to customers but the dealer before handing it over to the customer it is their duty to fix the pressures to the ideal ones. Mine also did not do that. They were 45psi when I got it.
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Reuben80 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:46 am
iHansz wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:14 am
The cars are all shipped from the factory with very high pressures on purpose in order to avoid flat spots during the long shipping before they are sold to customers but the dealer before handing it over to the customer it is their duty to fix the pressures to the ideal ones. Mine also did not do that. They were 45psi when I got it.
45psi !!!! o my :o

(dealer has no time due to summer vacation, must return in 2 weeks)
1st registered Oct 2020

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post