Audio USB Playlists

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
Jan44

Post by Jan44 »

On the Audio USB (flash drive) music screen, there is provision (greyed out for me) for playlists.
I've put an .m3u playlist file on my USB flash drive but it isn't recognised as a playlist.

There is no mention of playlists in the user manual.

Does anyone here know how to create a playlist file that Honda will recognise?

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

As no one has yet to reply I've had a quick look at the manual and there's very little info about playlists, just a bit in the audio commands section and in the USB section about selecting a playlist under the Browse function.
There appears to be a way to play music in specific folders so this may be a workaround.

Personally I suggest storing your music on your smartphone & using an Apple Car Play or Android Auto app that you can use to manage your music with playlists because it seems as though using a USB has limitations.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
5thcivic

Post by 5thcivic »

I agree your smartphone is the way to go. The problem with usb audio is there is only one data usb, so a flash drive with music means you cannot connect your phone without bluetooth. My Civic has 2 usbs in the armrest that both can handle data, that might be useful.

As far as m3u playlists are concerned, there are simple text types that work with some of my players and apps and EXTINF types with an extra line for each song that other players need to be recognised. There is also the problem of where to put the playlist, in the root, in a folder, or must it be in the folder with the songs? If we didn't have android auto I'd be doing the tests to see what works but with it not necessary. the music usb can stay in the Civic.

In a similar vein I've discovered the E does not play simple profile AVIs with DivX, even though my Civic plays these fine. The E does play the mp4s my Civic plays. A strange "advance" :-)
ZoeDave

Post by ZoeDave »

Is there any ability to create a playlist on the car from the tracks on the USB stick?