In-car charger timer issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
pburgess

Post by pburgess »

I seem to be able to set up the charger timers in-car to work once, then they go haywire.

Timer 1 worked fine the first time, then was simply ignored after that session, with power be taken immediately even when the time said it should wait until 12.30pm.

I moved to Timer 2, which also worked fine the first time. But this morning, in identical circumstances, the timer hadn't kicked in overnight.

Has anyone else had this issue and found a work around. All this is notwithstanding the crazy logic which says I should set the timer when I DON'T want the car to charge, rather than when I do!

Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

Mine always worked fine. It becomes complicated when you have the 2 timers both active. I suggest that you switch off timer 2 until everything is OK with timer 1.
If you are in the car and you switch on the car it will start charging regardless of the timer.
pburgess

Post by pburgess »

Thanks,

That will be my next step.

Peter
Keawon

Post by Keawon »

Have you set not to charge at "Home" or "Anywhere"?
If you chosed "Home" have u set Homepoint in Navigation? otherwise it wont work.
01e

Post by 01e »

You might know this already, but the times you enter are the "wait" time, not the "charge" time. It's quite unintuitive in my opinion.

For example, I want it to charge from 00:30-04:30 during my off-peak tariff, so the time I enter in the car is 04:30-00:30 (i.e. "do not charge between 04:30 until 00:30")
pburgess

Post by pburgess »

I have exactly the same problem. The timer worked fine for weeks but yesterday it statutes as soon as I plugged in.
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

pburgess wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:21 am I have exactly the same problem. The timer worked fine for weeks but yesterday it statutes as soon as I plugged in.
If your car was switched on it will start charging regardless of the schedule.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post