I have a confession...

New to the Honda E Forums? Introduce yourself here
Karl V

Post by Karl V »

Hello from just South of London, near Reigate. I've recently joined the forum and thought I would finally say hello.

An introduction: I'm a die hard petrol head; and always have been.

Daily drivers have been a Peugeot 205 GTi, MGF and Honda S2000 in my singleton life; until I needed 4 seats with an expanding family, then it was BMW 3.0 and 4.0 engines (petrol and diesel) - both saloons and those SUV models. To compensate for the 'family wagons', weekend toys have included an Ariel Atom and currently an Ariel Nomad.

Now the confession bit: My outlook on life has changed over the past 12 months. We were forced (in the UK) to stay at home and explore our local surroundings - for 1 hour a day max. Masks on faces. Wash those hands. And open a window dammit! No more commuting into London. No more flying off to NYC or Tel Aviv at a moment's notice for a day or two. I was forced to re-discover my family and I learnt a few things along the way on what was important to them, and me...

Long story short - I'm on the verge of owning a Honda e.

I went out for a test drive today (first time behind the wheel in one) and, in traffic, I smiled as much as I do when out in my Ariel Nomad hooning about at *cough cough* speeds down a twisty B road at 7am on a Sunday.

All being well, I will part with the Nomad soon and make space in the garage for an e.

Until then, I am highly likely to ask the occasional daft question as I continue to research this car - and BEV life in general.

Sorry for the long intro :shock:

Marmite

Post by Marmite »

;) Welcome and looking forward to hearing how your mind progressing from now on - and eventually proud photos!? There are so many experts here (not me though) so rest assured.
2020 e Advance : Modern Steel Metallic + blue accent :mrgreen:
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

Welcome Karl V

I appreciate your points. But the e does put a smile on your face. It’s not the same as my Mini JCW, or Renault 5 Turbo or Subaru Impreza, but fun and joyful. And the technology adds, rather than getting in the way.
Welcome to the forum and many happy days in your e
Karl V

Post by Karl V »

Apologies. My intro 2 weeks ago may have been a tad misleading.

I am a die hard petrol head, but my heart is with the Honda e. It was as much fun to drive as any other petrol car I have owned, and put a huge smile on my face. Decision made...

I can't contribute fully to these discussions just yet as I'm currently 'in transition', but it is happening.

I shall report back soon, but in the meantime, I'll continue to follow the discussions on this forum with envy.

Nomad almost sold, then I get to hop into a Honda e. Can't wait...
turntoport

Post by turntoport »

same here (but far less esoteric on the 'previous' front) - test drive, hmm, range anxiety, test drive, bought one. I wonder when it will actually be delivered....
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

Good to hear from “new faces” who seemed to have been sold once they have finally got behind the wheel. I don't get about that much, so this week was a surprise. I have seen 3 Honda e this. One was OWL in his local haunt, but I think the other 2 were visiting Frome & Shaftesbury. If it was you, please DM me. One blue in Frome, one White in Shaftesbury 21plate
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
Karl V

Post by Karl V »

Ah yes, this post. I forgot about this...

Happy to say that I've had the e for a few months now and I love it to pieces!

But I remain a little controversial and my original confession still stands. I am still a 'petrol head' through and through. My Ariel Nomad made way for the e, but I also replaced the 'long distance tourer' with a BMW M5 Competition.

I'm not on this forum because I think anyone driving an ICE car should be persecuted or to seek reassurances that BEV is the way forward (we all know that it is).

I am here purely because I love the Honda e from an engineering perspective and it makes me smile every single day that I drive it. Don't get me wrong, I love the M5 too and squeezing 625BhP from a V8 is a fantastic engineering feat too, but I drive that once a month if I am lucky.

So there you go. I remain a fan of properly engineered cars that reward drivers and I'm very happy to say that the e has slipped seamlessly into my garage. It's a proper driver's car and I love it.

Thanks again for all the very useful thoughts shared on this forum. I'm loving my e!

IMG_20210728_171631938.jpg

scotty c

Post by scotty c »

Awesome garage, best of both worlds.

We have the e, VW T5 and an Elise 160 (although its bodyless just now after a full repaint). covers most bases.

Love the Nomad, ive driven a few atoms on track but would love to drive the nomad especially off-road or in the snow.