Supplied cables

New to the Honda E Forums? Introduce yourself here
Watty37

Post by Watty37 »

Hello everyone. Could someone please confirm that the Honda e comes supplied with a 3 pin socket cable, a home ac charging cable (7 kW) and whether or not you need to buy a suitable cable for public DC charging (or are they always available at the public DC charging points?)?
Many thanks, new to all this and the Honda dealer couldn't answer the latter query satisfactorily.

Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

Which cable you get depends on the country, so you have to ask your dealer. For DC the cable is always attached to the charging point as it is a special cable so you do not need to buy one.
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

What Reuben said. In UK, e comes with granny 3 pin cable and a 32A AC cable to home wall boxes and use out when travelling - 3.5kW to 22kW AC.
ZoeDave

Post by ZoeDave »

Yes - both granny lead and type two supplied with my UK car as well. Seemed a bit generous to me as my old Zoe only had the type 2 and I had to buy the 3-pin, and they are not cheap for what is not a huge amount more than an extension lead with at most £50 of electronics (wouldn't surprise me if it's more like £10). Renault wanted at least £600, so I bought a 'cheap' but known-good one from eBay for £269.

As Reuben said, thankfully nobody has thought it a great idea to make people carry around a DC cable as well. Dumber things have definitely been done, but not only would the cable be heavy, thick and expensive, but minimising user interaction with something that can provide up to 350kW seems like a good thing!