Hello from Dublin, Ireland

New to the Honda E Forums? Introduce yourself here
Mailforkev

Post by Mailforkev »

Hi all, finding this forum has been very helpful in my decision making process. I should be collecting my blue Advance in a week hopefully, will put up a picture when I have it.
These are a pretty rare car here, only 44 registered up to end of last year. I’ve only seen two on the road so far. A good friend has just collected a new Porsche Taycan, my little Honda will be over twice as rare as that!

turntoport

Post by turntoport »

:-)
ZoeDave

Post by ZoeDave »

Enjoy! Even though I bought a white, the blue grows on me every time I see one.

Your comment on the Taycan nails the point of why I love the car so much. I'd happily take a Taycan if someone else paid for it, even if I couldn't park it. But we live in a world where we actually have to pay for things, and though I could live on baked beans for a couple of years, I rather wouldn't. So I just couldn't pass on the chance to have a car with at least as much wow factor as one costing twice as much.
Gastarg

Post by Gastarg »

I got one also short time ago, i south of dublin, if I see the blue probably is your hahaha there is too few of this in the street, mine is dark grey. Have a question, do you have enabled honda+ app? Closenagh motors say "will be enabled in near future" but is not yet in ireland, what they told to you ?
Mailforkev

Post by Mailforkev »

@ZoeDave, twice as much is a bit optimistic! His Taycan cost four times the Honda. The options on the Porsche cost roughly the same as the entire Honda.

@Gastarg, I'm southside too, don't forget to wave if you see me. Regarding the app, Honda Ireland told me that they are waiting for Honda Europe to roll it out to some smaller markets (including Ireland) but unfortunately there are delays.
ZoeDave

Post by ZoeDave »

Mailforkev wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:22 pm @ZoeDave, twice as much is a bit optimistic! His Taycan cost four times the Honda. The options on the Porsche cost roughly the same as the entire Honda.
LOL - Ah yes the options! The one and only time, over a decade ago, that I even looked at a Porsche was a Cayman. I thought I was driving rather spiritedly and enquired about the 'S'. I was told very clearly that I didn't need one. Then I saw that it was the best part of a hundred pounds to have the washer nozzles painted in the same colour as the body, and you could repeat that malarkey for at least a dozen other bits, before even looking at important tech and mechanicals. No wonder the pricing list was a hardback book all to itself! You'd need an accountant or some kind of advanced AI to even work out what to buy.

At least my fully specced e only has at most 6 options - advance, 16" wheels ('free' if you don't mind feeling a little cheated), white paint, brown leather, an armrest and the dashcam. You have to wonder if all those extra parts numbers and production complexity cost more that just giving them to you in the first place.
Mailforkev

Post by Mailforkev »

I'm officially in the gang!

Terry R

Post by Terry R »

Looks good Taffy mate.

Only a few days till I get mine.

Blue is the best colour.
Mailforkev

Post by Mailforkev »

Here it is with the above mentioned Taycan. Quite a size difference. Did a bit of a twin test with my pal earlier, I like to think that the little Honda managed to hold its own.

ZoeDave

Post by ZoeDave »

Love it! The Porsche does look great, a bit like what I thought the original Panamera would be before the reality became such a disappointment. But the Honda definitely wins on looks alone and in 10 years it will be no contest. I know that I have a sense of joy whenever I see something like a Nissan S-cargo, a bubble car or anything else as quirky that I never have with an A8, S-class or the like from the same era. As long as the range and space work for you, I think you come out the winner regardless of money. It's plenty fast for the road unless you want to be a complete you-know-what, easier to park and I highly suspect that many strangers will be more generous in their opinion. And if you do have the same budget, I figure you could have a backup e, a track car, and pay someone to follow you around in a van with a generator!

I do wonder what your friend thinks though...