Greetings from Windsor

New to the Honda E Forums? Introduce yourself here
keithr

Post by keithr »

londiniumperson wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:11 pm Honda ... seems to already have washed their hands of not only the e but all BEV’s.
I read yesterday that Honda are planning on releasing a new BEV in 2023. A quick Google search reveals that Honda has launched a BEV SUV in China (goes on sale this spring) which might come to Europe this year - see https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/honda/356 ... ile-ranges. Also https://electrek.co/2021/10/13/honda-an ... -to-start/ claims that all new model Honda cars will be electric after 2030. Honda plan on releasing 10 new BEVs in China during the next 5 years, so I don't think they're giving up on BEVs just yet.

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

keith, did you read the actual Honda press releases that this news was based on?
They are related only to North America, China and Japan, with nothing concrete declared for outside these regions.
Also the 2nd article by electrek stated:
Furthermore, Honda shared that all new models in China after 2030 will be electric (it’s important to note that this includes hybrids, not solely BEVs). The automaker plans to continue current ICE model production inside and out of China past 2030.

I’d be very interested if you can point me to any Honda press releases that state their intentions for BEV production in Europe.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
wilburthewombat

Post by wilburthewombat »

turntoport wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:58 pm You might find you can just about squeak a 'std' under the £32k and get the £1500 of your vat back off the 'government').
atb - ttp
I believe the discount is based on the list price, so it I wouldn't be able to get it, no matter what the discount is.
After considering all of this (and thanks to all of you for your input), I will probably go for a Mini Electric.