Honda e - Lyon

New to the Honda E Forums? Introduce yourself here
Rincevent

Post by Rincevent »

Hi All,

I'm a new Honda e driver from Lyon in France.

It's a white Advance with 16" wheels.
It was a car used by the salesmen of the Honda dealership. When I got it, about ten days ago, it had 3000 km on the odometer. For a car dating from May 2021, it's not much but it's also what I think I do every year!
This car is manly use in the city. From home to workplace and back.

This « e » is my third EV.
First was a Nissan Leaf 24 kWh from 2015, then I got a BMW i3s in 2018.

It's a fun car with a good face, geek oriented with all its screens, etc. So everything to please me. But it follows a BMW i3s which, without being perfect, had set the bar high. It's hard to understand the jerks at standstill when driving "one pedal" while an i3 whose design dates back to the early 2010s manages this function perfectly.

But I don't regret my choice and hope to have a lot of fun with it.

Cheers,

Chris
Honda e Advance 16" « Blanc Platine Métallisé » (Platinum White Pearl)

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Welcome Chris.

I think the issue with jerks at standstill when driving "one pedal" is all down to the auto handbrake because it also does this when not using “one pedal” as you come to a stop and then pull away.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

Welcome to the forum.

I too have noticed that the pull away from standstill is not always consistent. I never use 1 pedal mode, and i always use brake hold feature. Most of the time the pull away is smooth and jerk free. Other times i notice the disengagement of the auto brake (not hand brake) is not smooth.

In the most the car drives very nicely, but very slow moving traffic, the creeping speed is a little too high for my liking. If you want to drive at less than 5mph, you have to ride the brakes the whole way :(
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

EEEE wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:57 pm
In the most the car drives very nicely, but very slow moving traffic, the creeping speed is a little too high for my liking. If you want to drive at less than 5mph, you have to ride the brakes the whole way :(
I also find the creep speed too high, on the site that I work at there are regularly groups of people on the road and the ACC gets too close for my comfort at these speeds so I’m constantly riding the brakes in these circumstances.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Rincevent

Post by Rincevent »

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your welcomes.

I think this car only needs a few adjustments to make it more enjoyable to drive. But, having worked for many years with Japanese engineers in semiconductor manufacturing equipment, what seems like just a value to us to change in a variable is a mountain to them! They have to think of all the side effects it could produce...
So, it will be for the e MK II, or even MK III !

But my 17 years old daughter loves it... She likes to play with fishes while we are driving to the college. So, I'll keep it! ;o)
Honda e Advance 16" « Blanc Platine Métallisé » (Platinum White Pearl)
ZoeDave

Post by ZoeDave »

Welcome!

My deeply scientific study (looking out my window) confirms that you have the best wheels/colour combination.

I can't say anything about the one-pedal mode as I don't use it, but the one gripe I do have is that I would wish that in other modes it remembered the regen setting. Most of the time I don't mind the near-coasting default but having to use the paddles every time you want to slow down quicker means that I just end up using the pedals.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post